Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2007, 07:05 PM

Default Action Turn with 20 Outs or dead

This was a live game so I had to guess at some of the details but here is the gist of it:

$1/$1/$2 spread limit. Bet $4-$200 any time. $200 cap. For those outside of northen Cal. This is to get around the no no-limit laws. With the $200 cap, most players have around $175-$500. I cover the table with $1K and have a solid image. The small blinds and $4 rake tends to encourage limping.

On the button I followed 4 limpers with Qc,3c and blinds come in. $28 pot

Flop: Tc, 9s, 3h

Checked around.

Turn: Jc

SB checks, BB who is a bad player that slow plays strength and bets weakness pretty consistantly bets $30, UTG is semi-laggy that likes to semi-bluff too much and slow play monsters, min-raises to $60. Next 3 solid tight players call without too much thought. They would all need something to play that much even given the read of the 2 players that started this mess.

Hero?

What if I had a stack of $200?
Old 01-29-2007, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Action Turn with 20 Outs or dead

I would fold. You'll rarely get paid on your straight draw (and will split quite a bit too), and there's a decent chance you don't have the best flush draw.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold. You'll rarely get paid on your straight draw (and will split quite a bit too), and there's a decent chance you don't have the best flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

where are you in texas?
Old 01-29-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My thinking at the time was that the 3 callers probably would have raised with the nut straight, I suspected the min raiser could have some kind of straight but with his image, he could have been on a draw. I think 2 pairs, flush draws, combo draws, are solidly in callers range with the aggressors images. The casual calls without much thought, to me, meant that they didn't have a slowplayed set or straight or they would have spent some time thinking about charging the flush draws, looking at stacks, etc. I didn't feel original bettor was a factor. I can't remember why but with all the action behind he probably had a defeated or embarrased look.