Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Ask El Diablo

El Diablo-

I was recently looking over some lists of CEO salaries and was blown away at how much some of these people are being paid. is there any way that any of these people could possibly be doing enough work to be worth making $100 million a year? what kind of salary would you have to be offered to be at the top of the line for a multi billion dollar business accountable to the board, shareholders, etc?
Old 01-29-2007, 07:17 PM

El D, SF question for you. im thinking about moving there, i found a place around 19th and valencia that i really like, is that a good neighborhood?
Old 01-29-2007, 07:22 PM

kick: I think that is an awesome area, right near Dolores Park and the Mission. Tons to do right around there.

NCJ: Check out this thread in the politics forum for some of my thoughts on that topic: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1

c: Not really. I am not terribly well informed on the topic, but from what I know it seems like marijuana should just be legalized. It's not something I care much about, so I don't have a strong opinion on this either way.

Reef: I don't drink sodas anymore (it has been a couple of years), so now regular sodas taste sickly sweet to me. Diet sodas taste the same as they ever did, gross.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:24 PM

apologies, i have never ventured into that particular forum.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:26 PM

NCJ,

No worries, I'm almost never there either! Just randomly happened to have discussed that topic recently...
Old 01-29-2007, 07:29 PM

el d, since ive read yr into noisepop/singer-songwriter type of music, have you heard of or are you a fan of Kevin Devine (formerly of Miracle of 86)? if no, add it to yr list of recommendations.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:33 PM

el diablo,

knowing what you know about me. if there was one piece of advice that you would like to see me follow. what would it be?
Old 01-29-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
El D,

thoughts on the taste of diet soda vs regular
- can people really tell the difference? Or do they just say that regular tastes better to go with the bandwagon?

[/ QUOTE ]

reef,

Can you not taste a difference between diet coke and regular coke? I would think most people can...

I originally switched from regular to diet to try and cut down on sugar.....now after being a diet drinker for years, regular tastes far too sweet and sugary...most people I known feel similarly...

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted to chime in and second asofel on this. About a year and a half ago, I stopped drinking sugar completely while on a diet. It was rough early on drinking pretty much only water because I hated all things diet and artificial sweeteners.

After a couple weeks though, I started experimenting with some powder drinks such as diet iced tea and crystal light. I found a few flavors that I could tolerate. After a week or so of that, I started trying the diet versions of sodas I liked. While it wasn't the best thing ever, it also wasn't bad, and soon after, aquired a taste for them.

I now can't drink anything with sugar without it tasting like complete crap. I'll drink anything diet with aspartame now and completely enjoy it, but I don't care for other sweeteners such as Splenda or Saccharin.

I know people who went from normal soda to sodas with Splenda easily. Artificial sweeteners aren't for everyone though as they can cause sickening side effects to some people.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
El D, SF question for you. im thinking about moving there, i found a place around 19th and valencia that i really like, is that a good neighborhood?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you like hipsters you'll love it. If you like good, cheap Mexican food you'll love it. If you have a dog s/he'll love it.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:39 PM

El D,

Any interest in getting involved in politics? Why or why not?

Do you think first-year associates deserve the salaries they command in major metropolitan markets (aprox $150k/yr at top NY law firm)? Have you been satisfied with the legal advice you've received in your various business ventures?

How do you anticipate you will direct your private philathropy later in life?

Do you order scotch neat with a water back / with a few drops of water / splash of water or otherwise?

Designated hitter?
Closed Thread