Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2006, 01:14 AM

Default Re: Andy Beal is Back!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Sponger - Why do you think going to sleep early is something he can just do at a whim?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am just having a little fun. Obviously its no problem that somebody fills in for him. But the thought of Todd just passing on playing early in the day because he isn't a morning person is hilarious to me.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:16 AM

it's perfectly reasonable to me. he'll still have an opportunity to play later, so why shouldn't he wait until he's at his best?
Old 02-13-2006, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it's perfectly reasonable to me. he'll still have an opportunity to play later, so why shouldn't he wait until he's at his best?

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that the essence of intelligent gambling, to pick your spots where you can have an edge, and the best edge possible?
Old 02-13-2006, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have news from Wynn...check out www.bluffmagazine.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it just me or are the bluff updates pain in the neck to read. Can't there just be link with all the updates on the front page instead of having to read a thread in bluff forum. There has to be better way.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:09 AM

No offense, but whatever news you are getting is coming from the outside of the outside rail of the poker room. There was no one anywhere near the rails except for members of the corporation today. I love the "assumptions" you seem to make and to say that Jennifer played aggressively is frankly impossible to assume from any angle. She appeared pretty calm during play. I also don't think someone with that kind of experience is going to "tilt" or get aggressive when chips are sliding towards the competition.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:13 AM

The guy doing the updates makes a lot of assumptions and is full of fluff. I'm in Vegas, I'm on the rail. Half of what he reports is "his opinion" and he goes back a lot and corrects his posts.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:20 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

When I left at about 530pm it looked like andy beal was up almost two racks.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:25 AM

Not only are they a pain to read, but I have been reviewing them and comparing the information to what members of the Corporation have been saying. I would personally either wait for Todd to post or go to Card Player.

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_news...l.php?p_id=822
Old 02-13-2006, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No offense, but whatever news you are getting is coming from the outside of the outside rail of the poker room. There was no one anywhere near the rails except for members of the corporation today. I love the "assumptions" you seem to make and to say that Jennifer played aggressively is frankly impossible to assume from any angle. She appeared pretty calm during play. I also don't think someone with that kind of experience is going to "tilt" or get aggressive when chips are sliding towards the competition.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only dispute the part aboutHarman not tilting just because of her experience.

I thought she had a reputation as a tilter (sometimes) in the big game.

She sure seemed to be tiltish after that beat she took in the WSOP.
Not that you or I wouldn't be tilted out by that either...just saying.

And at 50k/100k I would expect that even some players who almost never tilt and have plenty of experience could still be driven to tilting.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:34 AM

Okay, let's just consider this. If Doyle Brunson were sitting directly to your right, sweating your every move, and you were playing with some of his money, do you think you would "get aggressive" or "go on tilt" right in front of him? I know he didn't leave the table unless it was everyone's break time. Plus, he will report that to the other member's of the Corporation.
Again, she seemed pretty calm. Things just weren't going her way. It happens. Tomorrow is another day.

here is a recap:
http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_news...l.php?p_id=822