FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Well?
Yes 95 14.89%
No 543 85.11%
Voters: 638. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
So we are in line behind my roommate and his chick when two ticket windows open up. They go to one and buy their tickets, he pays obviously. Meanwhile, we are standing there for a few akward seconds while I wait to see what she does. She's just standing there, kind of like she is expecting me to buy. I finally go to the open window and buy two tickets.

Not a big deal, just curious to what everyone's thoughts were. Truth is, I hadn't even thought about it so when the situation came up it caught me off guard. The fact that she kind of assumed I would buy was odd to me as well. She was okay looking but I definitely wouldn't describe her as hot. Just went home after the movie but there is a chance we get together again in the future, I got to get something for my $10.

[/ QUOTE ]

As you're buying the tickets, just casually ask, "I'll get these tickets. What are you offering in return?" with a wicked smile.

If she asks what you want, tell her a BJ in the theater, obv.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Quick poll

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Or, if there is a legitmate chance you'll have sex with her.

[/ QUOTE ]
dude, there's a legitimate chance I'll have sex with any girl I meet. I mean, are you doubting my studilicious powers? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you also have extremely low standards?
Old 01-29-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So we are in line behind my roommate and his chick when two ticket windows open up. They go to one and buy their tickets, he pays obviously. Meanwhile, we are standing there for a few akward seconds while I wait to see what she does. She's just standing there, kind of like she is expecting me to buy. I finally go to the open window and buy two tickets.

Not a big deal, just curious to what everyone's thoughts were. Truth is, I hadn't even thought about it so when the situation came up it caught me off guard. The fact that she kind of assumed I would buy was odd to me as well. She was okay looking but I definitely wouldn't describe her as hot. Just went home after the movie but there is a chance we get together again in the future, I got to get something for my $10.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I felt I wanted to sleep with her, I would tease her about the purchase, and/or try and get her to pay for me. Ex. "Hey, here's an awkward moment, are you paying for our tickets?" If she's worth having, she'll play along, knowing that, in the long run, you're going to spend a lot more on her than she'll spend on you.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:39 PM

treat her rough, get the muff.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:40 PM

no, do not buy
Old 01-29-2007, 02:54 PM

Upon further reflection, it seems clear to me that the roommate should be buying tickets for all 4 of you.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Quick poll

I think the guys who buy this stranger a ticket are the kind of guys that are always getting dumped by girls for being "too nice" and then bitching about how girls just want [censored].
Old 01-29-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Upon further reflection, it seems clear to me that the roommate should be buying tickets for all 4 of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

your ideas intrigue me, i'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what along the lines of what I was about to post. I voted buy it, because I'm getting the $10 (or, more likely, the roughly equivalent value in beers) out of my buddy sometime down the line.

-McGee