Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2007, 05:12 AM

Default Re: Why men will always be more highly regarded than women

[ QUOTE ]
Why is -what- still the case? That people are more impressed with overall dominance than subgroup dominance? Why women are still comparatively worse at sports? A woman -could- have won the men's title, since they aren't prevented from entering.

If a retarded kid won the 100M at the -real- Olympics, or even came close to a world record at the special Olympics, it would be huge news. Nobody cares who the best in a subgroup is. In this case the subgroup just happens to be women, so people think "sexism."

[/ QUOTE ]

End of thread.

I don't think this is at all mysterious. Men are universally better in sports than women because of their physics so men's sports are faster and more exciting to watch. Clearly this shows in the ball games like football, basketball, hockey, tennis etc. It's just more exciting to watch men's sports because you know they're the best there are.

Because men are better therefore the headlines are "biased" towards men's sports because more people are interested in that (because again it's more exciting to watch the best quality of sport possible). Like someone said regarding pool, there women are as popular or even more popular than men. That's because there's no visible skill difference between them for the average viewer and women have the advantage of being hot and luring male viewers that way.

So:

a) People want to watch sports that is most exciting to watch and to watch the absolute best in the world (usually always men's sports)

b) If the skill difference isn't that visible and the excitement level is the same then men prefer to watch women over men because they're hot.

So I'd say that if something's biased it's for the women's benefit.

It's all about the physics, baby. Men's physics enable them to do more than women and therefore only men can do particular things in that particular sport. If however women offer more interesting matches/events for some particular reason (eg. in tennis women's points are longer) then many people are inclined to watch women. There's nothing sexist in this at all (if men drooling over women's bodies doesn't count).
Old 01-29-2007, 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's all about the physics, baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean physiques? I suppose physics is at the bottom of everything.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's all about the physics, baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean physiques? I suppose physics is at the bottom of everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahah, yes, that's what I meant. I can't believe I made that mistake even if I'm not fluent in English. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 01-29-2007, 05:51 AM

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but :

Your argument is horribly flawed since before Federer became awesome there was a good period of time where Women's tennis was much more popular than Men's and definitely got more highlights, 1st news story, etc.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Your argument is horribly flawed since before Federer became awesome there was a good period of time where Women's tennis was much more popular than Men's and definitely got more highlights, 1st news story, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:23 PM

God I'm sick of this thread. How is it that you manage to cop an attitude in every reply?

Here is some food for thought.

I don't know what it is like in aussieland, but I almost never see women reading the paper here in the DC area. On the subway they do their makeup, chat on the phone, read trashy romance novels, pretty much anything but read the paper. If you're talking about television news, in the states the biggest news story usually goes last in the broadcast because it keeps people watching the entire program.

Women are inferior in sports. In general the hand-eye coordination, speed, and strength just aren't there to be competitive with men. Women are dumb. I can't tell you how often I see a woman who can't do simple addition, thinks there are 52 states in the union, or who is unable to think logically.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is it that you manage to cop an attitude in every reply?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Women are inferior in sports. In general the hand-eye coordination, speed, and strength just aren't there to be competitive with men. Women are dumb. I can't tell you how often I see a woman who can't do simple addition, thinks there are 52 states in the union, or who is unable to think logically.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. So you mightn'tve had attitude like you think I had in my post (by the way, it wasn't attitude I was trying to exude - my answer was simply correct as a matter of fact) but that is certainly some valuable information you have taught me there.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hahaha, No way is Tennis ever going to be a lead story in America (male, or female) unless Maria Sharapova is caught getting anal from Andy Roddick on center court.

[/ QUOTE ]

We can always dream.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, so why do you even try to start a discussion if you are going to be stubborn and wrong about it?

The period of time between Agassi-Sampras being greats and Federer's rise to awesomeness, with the Williams Sister rivalry Women's tennis was a much bigger story.