Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2007, 11:29 AM

Default Thinking about switching to UB...

Nice $650 bonus. Does anybody have any experience playing small limit holdem games there? How are the games?
Old 01-29-2007, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Thinking about switching to UB...

I have played on UB for about 5-6 years. My opinion is that the players are overall pretty tight - good. Less cash players than Full Tilt and way less than PokerStars. View pokersitescout.com for site traffic information.

The thing I like about UB is the speed of play and I love the interface, but this must be highly subjective because I can't stand the Pokerstars interface and that place is always packed. I wish I could play PokerStars because of the game selection, but every time I try to, the software makes me so crazy I tilt almost instantly.

Small Limit HE on UB: you will do well if you are TAG because those players, IMO, are the tightest you'll ever see. Seriously can be deeply boring. Small stakes NLHE is very lucrative and not so boring.

Omaha on UB is enjoyable but hardly anyone plays so I can only play at peak times. Their rakeback and bonuses are great. They are constantly offering reload bonuses. I have no idea why Full Tilt doesn't offer reloads.

I'm checking out CakePoker now and so far I like the interface.

Anyway, join UB for sure. We need more players.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:56 AM

I've been playing on UB for several months now and in my opinion the small stakes limit and no limit games are both crap. They are always full of TAGs. My win rate has suffered dramatically and everyday I tell myself I am leaving the site, but their great bonuses and RB always keep me around. Of course, it's possible I am just a crappy poker player.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:11 PM

Ive been playing both small stakes Limit and NL on UB in January.I agree SSLH tables are fairly solid,but no more difficult than a comparable site like AP.I was sometimes amazed at how taggy the 1/2 FR Limit tables at AP were.At least at UB your getting alot better cash back deal with points for cash + bonus.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They are always full of TAGs. .

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that the games are a little tighter, overall, at UB. But not really all that tough to beat. Playing a more LAGish game surely helps. I play 6-max though, the full games do indeed seem pretty rough. NL sh seems to be the best game there right now.