Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2007, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Jackson Rancheria Championship Tourney

[ QUOTE ]
That would be a strange tournament if it starts on a Monday.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's on Monday? I thought it was on Sunday night...
Old 01-29-2007, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Jackson Rancheria Championship Tourney

I find the Jackson side games softer than any where I have ever been (including play on the strip of vegas). The 1/2 games are very loose. The problem is that they cap the buy in at $100. I hate this. Most players buy short so they commit themselves to the pot anytime they raise. They used to only offer limit and that was awesome.

Example. Last time I was there I was in this hand which is indicitive of the play there:

2 limpers. MP raises to 15. I am on the buttom with KK. I reraise to 45. Both limpers call. MP calls. Flop comes JJ8. Checked to me (I have about 300 in front of me after initial raise as does MP). I bet 100. One of the EP limpers calls. MP goes all in. When the EP limper flat called the 100 I was almost sure he had a jack (prob AJ) and was planning on just check folding on later streets. I fold to MP's reraise assuming EP had me beat and would call. EP calls. EP has AQ and MP has AK. Neither improve. AK wins. Super loose.

I still enjoy the limit games better.

I wish I would have known about this tournament before I booked my cruise for next week. Found out too late and now I can't play. Good Luck to all!!!