Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2007, 09:16 AM

Default Absolute Poker.. worth a go?

Hi there,

I've been looking for a new site to play at for some time now... Playing $.05/$1 SHNL on stars at the mo.

I tried depositing on Absolute and set up a rakeback account there. I've had a look at the play and it seems soft as hell.. so with rakeback I thought it's worth a shot.

Only thing is, after depositing i got an email saying I needed to phone them to verify my details.. Fair enough. So I phoned (from the UK) and was on hold for about 15mins.. which prob cost me about $20.. So I got really pissed off and sent them an email for them to contact me.. 2 days on and still no response.

I'm really tempted not to bother seeing how bad their support is... But if I do manage to set up an account, is it worth playing there?... Does the softness of their games outweigh the terrible support?
Old 01-29-2007, 09:32 AM

Default Re: Absolute Poker.. worth a go?

[ QUOTE ]
softness of their games

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to give a detailed reply but I am on my way to the hospital; I ruptured something internally while laughing at this sentence.

Hey, maybe the $.5/$1 SHNL games are the exception, though!

SpaceAce
Old 01-29-2007, 12:04 PM

Wait until you try to cash out over 3k. You have to fax in utility bills, driver licenses, etc. All with the same level of support... The bonus clearance sucks and rakeback is being cut. 2 months ago I'd say AP was awesome for the games you speak of, now I think you're better off at Tilt or Stars. You might even try UB for a good combo of RB/Bonus/Points for cash.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:54 PM

AP is terrible now, stay away.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:23 PM

Looklike AP going down soon. why start join them now?
Old 01-29-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait until you try to cash out over 3k. You have to fax in utility bills, driver licenses, etc. All with the same level of support... The bonus clearance sucks and rakeback is being cut. 2 months ago I'd say AP was awesome for the games you speak of, now I think you're better off at Tilt or Stars. You might even try UB for a good combo of RB/Bonus/Points for cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair to Absolute Poker, I've cashed out $3,000+ dozens of times without trouble. All those cashouts were to Neteller.

I still would not recommend Absolute Poker to anyone. You missed the glory time, stay away.

SpaceAce
Old 01-29-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looklike AP going down soon. why start join them now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolute has really stepped on its own dick. They took the only people that made the site viable (rakeback/bonus grinders) and bent them over for a dry one. The site is simply not worth playing with the new rakeback and bonus structure. I think the few optimists that posted in my last Absolute Poker thread will soon be faced with harsh reality. They think the new structure will drive away pros and make the games better. What they don't realize is that without the pros, there won't be enough games going to make it worth firing up the software.

SpaceAce
Old 01-29-2007, 04:14 PM

I have had a minor problem with AP.

I emptied all my poker accounts except for UB a few months ago when Party etc.. pulled the plug. I left $24 at AP because I withdrew a round number. I figured I could still play at AP and might want to deposit again. I was happy to get the bulk amount out. I tried to withdraw the $24 the other day and was told the minimum withdrawal was $25. I played some small stakes and got the balance to $26. So I requested the withdrawal again. This time they said the minimum withdrawal is $50.

I don't want to fund any poker accounts with fresh money while all this crap is going on, but they won't allow me to withdraw.

This is BS. They are basically telling me I have to pay the cost and risk of a deposit (which I can't do now anyway) in order to fund the account to a balance that I can then withdraw. Otherwise, I have to try to turn $26 into $50 playing super low stakes (because that's all I can afford with a $26 bankrol) or lose the money.

I have no problem with minumum transaction amounts, but they shouldn't be changed in the middle.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:44 PM

The software at Absolute isn't the greatest, and the games are fairly tight. Lots of people trying to clear the bonus. However I've never had a problem with there customer support and the cashouts were really quick 24 hours or less (that was with neteller). If your playing without rakeback at stars then the extra money you'll be making at AP should be enough to balance the software and game issues. The rakeback policy is changing here in feburary so i'm not sure how much this is going to impact me. If the rakeback money is a lot less then i'll probably quit playing here and take my play elsewhere. One thing you should definately know is there will be far fewer games going at any level then what your used to now at stars. Thats AP's biggest problem at this point.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:03 PM

There customer service is the worst...
by the way with $26, gamble a little bit and see what happens.