Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2006, 10:29 PM

Default WARNING: major security flaw at cardcrusade.com

i signed up at a new site that was offering rake free poker. the site was cardcrusade.com and apparently they are still in their beta phase.

however, i found a huge security flaw in their system. when you request a cashout you have to email them will all your account details as well as the details for your neteller account etc. the flaw is that they make you type you cardcrusade.com account PASSWORD in the email.

so apparently your passwords aren't encrypted and are availabe to any employee who has access to the emails at the very least.

so i suggest you pick a 100% unique password at that site if you choose to open account. i didn't know at the time i had the same password as i did at party which means that company knew the password to an account that contained quite a bit of money. as well as my full name email address date of birth etc.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:17 PM

Default Re: WARNING: major security flaw at cardcrusade.com

just spoke to the site on the phone. i told them to post here. the guy said he didn't want to but assured me that the passwords are encrypted and that you don't need to give out passwords to do a cashout. apparently that was some kind of typo on the website.

fwiw he said he would give me all my money after i payed the neteller deposit/withdrawal fees. we'll see if it hits the account. still don't know what to make of it
Old 02-12-2006, 11:21 PM

So how'd you like the site? Is it in Beta or fully launched?

I haven't checked it out yet.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:23 PM

please post the merchant neteller fees you are going to pick up. thx
Old 02-12-2006, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
please post the merchant neteller fees you are going to pick up. thx

[/ QUOTE ]

i deposited 400$. your first deposit is supposed to be free and its 3.9% to withraw. i am down a couple bucks. so you can do the math to approximate.

actually i think he mentioned i might have to pay the deposit on this one too. i guess because i bought in played 50 hands and withdrewthe next day when i found the 'flaw'

EDIT: i just got a confirmation email. i will be charged 20$ it looks like. if you guys are considering this site this really shouldn't make you flinch. its rake free with no monthly payment right now. thats an absolute steal. and i think my fees would have been much less if i didn't just reverse the transaction after a day or two.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So how'd you like the site? Is it in Beta or fully launched?

I haven't checked it out yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

beta. no one would play me at a limit higher than .5-1 even though i was playing like a maniac. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

anyway the software is sluggish. what can you expect though its in its early beta phases apparently and its java.

i think the site will be fine. as long as these security issues aren't really issues.

i just wish there was someone who wanted to play 10/20 rake free hu. great spot to have those HU matches that other forums sponsor i guess. better than .02/.04 at stars where you settle up at the end imo.

the guy really didn't want to me leave. i seemed like nobody had much money on deposit yet. most players were unwilling to open a second table or move up past .30-.60.

a 2-4 game did run once
Old 02-12-2006, 11:42 PM

just re: the notion that all sites like this will fill up with rocks. i only played against a dozen players and there might have been one 'TAG' player. very passive very beatable game.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:11 AM

Threeonefour,

I want to clear up any issues and apologise.

- I'd like to confirm that your password has never been unencrypted at any point or within any database in our system.
- There was some erroneous text requesting your password and other details in the withdrawal process. This is obviously an error as in other text we stress the fact that the passwords are encrypted and unavailable to CardCrusade staff.

We have also changed the process so your withdrawal request passes entirely internally to the system. You need to be signed in via SSL to make this request so both your password and request remains secure and private.

Might I take this opportunity to apologise for any stress or concern this may have caused and suggest that your input has only served to make our process better.

We appreciate beta users such as yourself both for your input in the game AND the service surrounding it.

All the Best,

Micky "The Fish"
Old 02-13-2006, 12:13 AM

thanks