Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2007, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Peer to Peer Scammer alert list - post here!

[ QUOTE ]
No such luck, he accepted right away and sent me a PM that he got the money and that he is doing the Stars transfer now. That was at 1:00 AM last night......

I emailed Neteller support but doubt they will be able to help.

Mods - can we find out any information on this Riley Martin guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gah dude - CALL THEM ALREADY! Or kiss your 500 bucks goodbye. They are deluged with emails at the time, so you will need to get someone on the phone. Seriously, why have you not done this already?
Old 01-28-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No such luck, he accepted right away and sent me a PM that he got the money and that he is doing the Stars transfer now. That was at 1:00 AM last night......

I emailed Neteller support but doubt they will be able to help.

Mods - can we find out any information on this Riley Martin guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gah dude - CALL THEM ALREADY! Or kiss your 500 bucks goodbye. They are deluged with emails at the time, so you will need to get someone on the phone. Seriously, why have you not done this already?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, please call them. I don't think you will get your money back, but at least they should lock his account, which will thwart him from scamming others for a while.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:40 PM

It's still possible you haven't been scammed. Maybe he put the transfer in and didn't wait for it to go through and went to sleep and hasn't come back. You'd think he would come back and check on it, but... it's possible.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:52 PM

On a personal level, I feel sorry for you that you seem to have been scammed.

From a Twoplustwo point of view, I and others have been warning constantly that any transfer arrangements are private matters between the parties, and "let the buyer beware". (See Neteller sticky, for instance.)

I regret to have to inform you that Twoplustwo cannot and will not become involved in any way in any disputes over alleged scams.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's still possible you haven't been scammed. Maybe he put the transfer in and didn't wait for it to go through and went to sleep and hasn't come back. You'd think he would come back and check on it, but... it's possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be my guess. I wouldn't get too stressed unless you don't hear from him today at all.

Let's hope I'm right.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:10 PM

Keep us updated on this. I'm willing to donate $100 from money made transferring today to help you re-coup costs. Im sure others on here would be willing to help too.

Tuco.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:19 PM

no the funny thing is anyone who scams someone on a transfer is a [censored] retard
you will make a lot more being honest from the 5 percent fee
youll also be able to sleep at night
Old 01-28-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be my guess. I wouldn't get too stressed unless you don't hear from him today at all.

Let's hope I'm right.

[/ QUOTE ]

If OP really did send 500 bucks to a stranger with 9 posts, I doubt you're right.

Especially since he said he received it and was doing the transfer right away.

Especially since the only one giving him a nod of confidence was another stranger.

There are more intelligent ways of doing this if you have to.

Please try to learn from OP's mistake.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On a personal level, I feel sorry for you that you seem to have been scammed.

From a Twoplustwo point of view, I and others have been warning constantly that any transfer arrangements are private matters between the parties, and "let the buyer beware". (See Neteller sticky, for instance.)

I regret to have to inform you that Twoplustwo cannot and will not become involved in any way in any disputes over alleged scams.

[/ QUOTE ]

If TwoPlusTwo wants to be on the sidelines, they should stay there completely. Half-in/half-out doesn't work. You can start by unlocking my thread. I have obviously "read a selection" of the Neteller threads here which is why I stated in my post that the P2P thread had gotten huge - too huge to keep track of. Why should I be censored arbitrarily while this thread and dozens of others on the same subject are allowed to thrive?

This is obviously the major topic of discussion for most online players right now and TwoPlusTwo is a major gethering place for those players. Locking some threads and leaving others open is [censored]. You might say my thread was covering ground that others already did, but so is this thread and so are ten others I can see that are not locked.

SpaceAce
Old 01-28-2007, 07:36 PM

This thread isn't just another neteller "noise" thread, it's providing great benefit to the community (as is the big thread).

If the mods didn't cull the non-essential neteller threads, the other, non-neteller posts would get washed away.