Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2006, 09:13 PM

Default Neteller Questions

Hey all:

I have a few questions regarding Neteller and I am not getting the answers I need from their support... First off, I am Canadian and my Neteller is set up for Canadian currency... Everytime I deposit to USD currency sites with is all I play at, I am assuming that Neteller takes a fee when I deposit to these sites... Now I am wondering if I can change my Neteller account so that it deals in US currency and the only fees I have to pay is when it changes it to Canadian currency when I transfer funds from my Neteller account to my bank account... Are there any Canadians here that run their Neteller this way and is it possible?? Thanks in advance all....
Old 02-12-2006, 09:51 PM

Default Re: Neteller Questions

I'm pretty sure it isnt possible. Fee is 1.9% each way IIRC.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:56 PM

close your existing neteller account
make a new one and designate USD as your base currency
Old 02-12-2006, 10:26 PM

Set it up in USD. Much better if you're Canadian.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:29 PM

So I have to close my current account and create a new one?? I was hoping to just change it... It seems like quite a hassle... Would I be saving that much money??
Old 02-12-2006, 10:34 PM

They used to let you change it . . . but now you have to close your old one and open a new one with USD as your base currency.

If you are going to play online with any seriousness, it is mandatory that you have your Neteller in USD because it will save you a tonne of money.

busguy
Old 02-12-2006, 10:35 PM

I had the same problem with my GBP Neteller account. It depends on whether or not you'll be moving money between sites often. It's quite a hit if you're bonus chasing, in particular.

I ended up closing the account and starting a new one. Took maybe a day or two to get verification sorted out again and I only had to pay conversion once. Admittedly, I will have to pay to move money back home but since I'm intending to keep my Neteller account for poker only and not withdraw it (assuming I don't suddenly become brilliant and pull in millions from my online poker exploits) it's unlikely to be a big issue.

Regards,

David
Old 02-12-2006, 11:38 PM

So in order to create another Neteller account in USD do I have to close the one I have now?? If that is the case, I'll have to close all my poker accounts too, or can I just E-mail all the sites' support and give them all a new Neteller account??
Old 02-12-2006, 11:46 PM

Call Neteller. Ask them what you need to do. It's easy to close one and open another for a valid reason like this.

Don't bother e-mailing any sites. You shouldn't have any problem at all giving new Neteller info to a site. Everytime you deposit/withdrawl you have to enter your neteller info . . . so just update it then. As long as the new Neteller info matches the poker site info (name/address/e-mail etc) you won't have a problem.

I had to do this for my dad a few months ago . . . and there was no problem.

busguy
Old 02-13-2006, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So in order to create another Neteller account in USD do I have to close the one I have now?? If that is the case, I'll have to close all my poker accounts too, or can I just E-mail all the sites' support and give them all a new Neteller account??

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Call Neteller and tell them what you want to do. You can stay on the phone with them while they do everything. The conversation will probably end with something like, "Your new account will be ready in an hour or so." Mine was ready immediately. They'll transfer all funds and bank info to the new account.

2. Call the site and tell them you're using a new Neteller account because you had to change your currency.

3. Some sites (Bet 365 for example) will require you to withdraw funds to the same source with which you deposited. This translates means the money has to go to your old Neteller account. Your old account will stay active for a period of time after it's closed. If money is headed for your old account, don't worry; it's not lost. Call Neteller and tell them you're expecting a deposit into an account that was closed (keep the account number on record). They'll transfer the money into your new account.