Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2007, 04:06 AM

Default UB 2/4 set on scary board

CO is 42/8/0.5 over 300. No other reads.

Ultimate Bet
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2./$4
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8SB, 4 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (7BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 9BB

Should I have c/r flop? Assuming flop as played, should I have c/r turn? What would you do on the river?
Old 01-28-2007, 04:20 AM

Default Re: UB 2/4 set on scary board

Must be something wrong with the converter, it's missing the part where you raise the flop. If you're trying to set up a bet-3bet on the turn I think you should wait for a board that is much less drawy. Not only can just calling this flop allow draws to stay around cheaply and profitably, but there are a lot cards that can fall, such as the 9, that will scare your opponent.
C/R flop, bet turn, probably bet-fold river.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:49 AM

Between this and the AK hand you posted it seems like you are playing way too fancy. Stop it.

I have no idea what your plan is with the turn donks. c/r that flop and lead the turn.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Must be something wrong with the converter, it's missing the part where you raise the flop. If you're trying to set up a bet-3bet on the turn I think you should wait for a board that is much less drawy. Not only can just calling this flop allow draws to stay around cheaply and profitably, but there are a lot cards that can fall, such as the 9, that will scare your opponent.
C/R flop, bet turn, probably bet-fold river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-28-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Should I have c/r flop? Assuming flop as played, should I have c/r turn? What would you do on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]
Y, N (he might not bet), What U did.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
probably bet-fold river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate bet-folding the river here. Hero has a good hand and getting faked into folding this is a huge mistake. Villain could easily have T9 or somesuch here.

You're hand is good way more than 1/9 times. Get to showdown.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
probably bet-fold river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate bet-folding the river here. Hero has a good hand and getting faked into folding this is a huge mistake. Villain could easily have T9 or somesuch here.

You're hand is good way more than 1/9 times. Get to showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously? Villian has 0.5 agg. The crime would be if 2 pair checked through here. Against a passive opponent, this is the easiest bet/fold you can get.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:45 PM

definitely check-raise the flop since u need to lead the turn anyways. You cant try to check-raise the turn becuz this guy will ck behind a ton here even with strong hands, and hes not the type ur going to be able to get a bet3bet in against very often and probably only against the type of hands ud be able to anyways if u check-raised the flop (44 77 and maybe not even overpairs he ll raise again). Thats why i dont like ur flop line here.

As for the river i dont think most villains are raising T9 or some worse hand on the river, let alone this guy. I really dont like ck calling these boards either, theres tons of worse hands this fish will call with but wont bet. Id bet fold.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:52 PM

I cannot imagine why you didn't raise the flop. The pot is decent, multiway and the board is draw-heavy. After that I bet the turn and the river.