Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Check out who the chip leader is for Borgata WPT

[ QUOTE ]
On a board of A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Jaime Gold bets $16,000 and his opponent turns over A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], thinking Gold had checked. The floor is called over and it is determined that the player's hand is still like and he can act on. Gold tells him, "You should call, I am probably bluffing...". Instead, his opponent mucks the pair of aces and Gold turns over K-7 off-suit at he rakes the pot.

ROFL

[/ QUOTE ]

Gold is at it again. I love it. What a skillful player. He is the master at controlling the players at his table. I think his nickname should be Jamie "The Puppet Master" Gold. There really is nobody on the circuit today that compares.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On a board of A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Jaime Gold bets $16,000 and his opponent turns over A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], thinking Gold had checked. The floor is called over and it is determined that the player's hand is still like and he can act on. Gold tells him, "You should call, I am probably bluffing...". Instead, his opponent mucks the pair of aces and Gold turns over K-7 off-suit at he rakes the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 01-27-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

ROFL

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost like it was scripted to make him look as good as possible.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:50 PM

I read in an interview with him that he said he kept being honest at the WSOP ME and people kept disbelieving him and doing the opposite of what he told them to do. Interesting that it's still working.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh
Old 01-27-2007, 11:01 PM

lol he is out
Old 01-27-2007, 11:15 PM

That stinks. From chip leader at 300k to busto in a few hours, I was hoping he'd win this one.

His strategy is awesome when he's getting cards (aggressive/unafraid to gamble/talk weaker players in-out of hands) but when the cards aren't falling you see what can happen.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:52 PM

ROTFL Jamie Gold makes Robert Varkoyni look like Phil Ivey.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:56 AM

I am sorry for all those who disagree but Gold just not a very good player. He is not terrible but he is simply a guy who got very lcuky in the WSOP. Then his luck allowed him to play every hand, hit some sick flops so that everyone was scared of him. Then he talked his way to victory, as if he needed to with the cards he had.

I am sorry but to go from chip leader of 300k to busto in a few hours where the blinds went up very slowly is horrible. This guy is on Moneymaker's level if not below due to his arrogance. Watch in on HSP on the GSN, he got schooled.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"You should call, I am probably bluffing...". Instead, his opponent mucks the pair of aces and Gold turns over K-7 off-suit at he rakes the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I wrong, or does he always tell the truth?
I remember that hand against Pralad Friedman with KT at the ME and he was "caught" bluffing and was hiding behind the dealer saying: "he got me!"