Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 05:39 AM

Default Re: Oklahoma state poker championship???

I looked on the web site but no info on structures I will have to give them a call
Old 01-11-2007, 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I looked on the web site but no info on structures I will have to give them a call

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah it was not on the website so i called and the first nl300 event is 3k in starting chips with 30min levels.....not for sure on the blind levels.....there is one mega satellite for the 3k event which is for 300....
Old 01-11-2007, 10:22 AM

Guess you know I'll be there for the first $300 event. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Still undecided about the $200 events though. The blinds will start at 25/25 in the first event and should be the same for all the NLHE events.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guess you know I'll be there for the first $300 event. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Still undecided about the $200 events though. The blinds will start at 25/25 in the first event and should be the same for all the NLHE events.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wrong. The Feb. 2nd event will have 30 minute blinds with this structure.
25/50
50/100
100/200
100/200 ante 25
200/400 ante 50
300/600 ante 75
400/800 ante 100

I had him quit there. Seems like a decent structure. I should be arriving Sometime that Friday afternoon. He said that "play will continue until a winner is determined."
Old 01-14-2007, 07:28 PM

i highly suggest that you don't play the ME there unless they are having 60 min levels. i played a 1k ME there a few months ago, and you started w/10k in chips, but 30 min levels. we weren't able to get in a whole orbit with the 30 min levels b/c everyone takes SO LONG for EVERY decision. i felt totally gipped.

it's not too bad for the lower buy-ins b/c it's so soft. but for 3k, you should try to find something better to do w/your money.

i am also pissed at them b/c they announced that they would have 60-min levels, and told me on the phone, not once, but twice that they would have 60-min levels. then i arrived, and they had cut them to 30 while increasing the starting chips.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:21 PM

bump
Old 01-26-2007, 10:51 PM

I have my reservation for next weekend, and am preregistered for the fri night NL and sat night limit. Holla. Anyone want to meet up and drink too much, pm me.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:10 PM

I played the 1k Main Event a couple of months ago also. First day they stopped at the 3k/6k level when they played into the money.

I played on the 2nd day. If you played on the 1st day and you got eliminated you were allowed to play the 2nd day if you wanted to. So you basically it was a 1 rebuy tourney if you played on the 1st day. The main event should have been 1hr levels for a 1k event.

On the 2nd day we managed to play if I recall to the 6k/12k level before the bubble busted and the play ended for the day. 36 players returned on Sunday from day 1 and day 2 to play it out.

I was the chip leader when the to two fields were combined.
I had 171,000 in chips and the play will started back at the 3k/6k level. Shortest stack had 20k, avg stack was 80k. Even though I was the chip leader with only around 29xBB, I did not feel comfortable with my chip lead. It turned into a crapshoot with the 30 min levels. It bacame an AllIn fest. If I was gonna get involved in a pot I risked losing half my stack to someone pushing in on me. The short stacks kept doubling up and blinds kept rising. With 2 table left the avg stack was less than 10xBB. I ended up 14th. I went out on ATs vs 44. I get knocked out 14th with the same hand in one of the preliminary events with the same hand vs 55.

I also played in the O/8 better event. This was my first live O/8 tourney. Needless to say I will probably not play another one again. The play was so slow that were we only getting one orbit per 30 min level in this event.