Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 09:40 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 01-27-2007, 10:20 AM

Default Re: Neteller conversation

[ QUOTE ]
i said last week its not gonna happen...if something smells like [censored]...and it looks like [censored]..chances are its [censored]...we arent gonna see a dime..i just thank god on the 9th i withdrew 4k..although im still owed 12k and want to hurt someone from nt bad....i just dont know what to do

[/ QUOTE ]

Peter, according to audited financial statements Neteller does have the money to pay all customers and merchants their full balance.

There is ~$250,000,000 in customer/merchant funds owed.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
do we have any proof of this statement?
a solvent & liquid company that was closing US customer accounts would have mailed cashiers checks of the entire balance to each US account holder immediately. they would do this so they keep their reputation and be able to continue doing business elsewhere. neteller has suspended all stock trading for the last week. they obviously care very little about being able to continue outside the US.

[/ QUOTE ]

A smart company is not going to mail out checks that will not be able to be cashed... and just create more problems...

Calm down... Sit tight... and wait...
Old 01-27-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
do we have any proof of this statement?
a solvent & liquid company that was closing US customer accounts would have mailed cashiers checks of the entire balance to each US account holder immediately. they would do this so they keep their reputation and be able to continue doing business elsewhere. neteller has suspended all stock trading for the last week. they obviously care very little about being able to continue outside the US.

[/ QUOTE ]

A smart company is not going to mail out checks that will not be able to be cashed... and just create more problems...

Calm down... Sit tight... and wait...

[/ QUOTE ]

a cashiers check from a european bank can be cashed
Old 01-27-2007, 02:54 PM

Related threads...

Complaining to FSA discussion

Primary Zoo thread on Neteller ATM Card issue
Old 01-27-2007, 03:01 PM

Spammer
Old 01-27-2007, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Neteller Update...

Can I ask a question of those who know how the banking system works and fully understands what NT is saying:

Will a non-US customer whose NT account is in USD also have a problem withdrawing straight to a linked (non-US) bank account right now? What about is that "non-US" linked bank account was a USD account? (Is a "foreign" USD account actually an American bank account in practice? And would that then cause a problem?)

Edit: Sorry, just found the info in another thread. Apparently EFTing to a non-USD bank account should be OK at the moment.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:39 PM

Frister,

They are likely taking a bit longer than usual though...
Old 01-27-2007, 09:27 PM

sorry, but I have been out of the loop with work this month..

i scanned some threads here, but too much info that has changed it looks like..

here's what i think happened:

2 guys from NT were arrested, now NT is afraid to interact with US banks? so right now, no way for US accounts to get money out of NT,but it seems like eventually we will be able to after NT figures out how to do it legally??

besides the 2 NT guys getting arrested, did the US make some kind of statement to NT/online poker sites that has scared them? this is the part i don't get - what has made NT change their ways?
Old 01-27-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry, but I have been out of the loop with work this month..

i scanned some threads here, but too much info that has changed it looks like..

here's what i think happened:

2 guys from NT were arrested, now NT is afraid to interact with US banks? so right now, no way for US accounts to get money out of NT,but it seems like eventually we will be able to after NT figures out how to do it legally??

besides the 2 NT guys getting arrested, did the US make some kind of statement to NT/online poker sites that has scared them? this is the part i don't get - what has made NT change their ways?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really... it appears that in arresting the 2 Neteller founders, the DOJ also got the 3rd party processors Neteller used to move funds around the US (because the founder were at least at some point involved in those companies, and may still be).

In a nutshell... the gaming sites use Neteller to hide where funds are going... and Neteller used other "unknown" (to anyone who didn't care to exert even minimal effort to discover) companies to hide that the transactions were with Neteller.

So basically, the DOJ basically just informed the banks that XYZ Corps (actually JSA something or another and others) were really Neteller in disguise and doing business with those companies is BAD [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Hence, effectively Neteller's entire current ability to make transactions with US Banks (thru intermidiaries) has been shut down by the Gov't. (for the moment)
Closed Thread