Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2007, 05:08 AM

Default Re: KK preflop...WTF?

I don"t see how you can fold this with the history you described.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:05 AM

Default Results

So after clicking the raise button without noticing I didn't actually type my raise amount into the right table, and telling my friend on AIM what a beat this is if I get stacked by some [censored] hand now, I look back at the table and there's all this weird action. So now I have 2 opponents, one who's telling everyone he has aces, the other with god knows what, and for the first time I can remember, even my own action is a mystery in terms of what it means to everyone.

So time almost expires and I can't decide between raising and folding, so I pick the 3rd and worst option and call, lol. Flop comes T97r, and I push for about the size of the pot. BB instacalls, and UTG also calls. BB shows 96s, UTG has AA and it holds. (It's really amusing to me how this random misclick caused the BB to get stacked with 96s).

Anyway, I have never folded KK preflop and I think it's normally insane for 100bb (I actually never really fold AK this deep either), but this hand basically played like a much deeper hand because one of the raises didn't really inflate the pot like normal and there were red flags here (2 minreraises!)

If this was 200bb and it went pot pot pot pot or whatever, I would've shoved/called a shove and not thought twice. I talked to 2 different people who both said they thought this was AA like always from UTG, so I wanted to double check here. Thanks for the responses, everyone.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:07 AM

Default Re: KK preflop...WTF?

[ QUOTE ]
so the original PFR opened UTG 5handed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. 6max table with one guy sitting out. Did I mess up the hh conversion somewhere?