Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2007, 12:01 AM

Default too aggressive from a blind?

I'm not sure if I'm being too aggressive from the blinds/OOP or not. I've been doing a lot of b/f'ing tonight. Sat down recently and all I have on villain is 19/0/0.8 over 24 hands. Not much to go on.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB folds.

Turn: (2.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB
Old 01-27-2007, 12:04 AM

Location: Hastings 3L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Default Re: too aggressive from a blind?

looks fine to me. I think the flop bet is good. You hit the board and are second to act against 3 players. If someone doesn't have the ace they'll lay it down(likely). Might as well bet.

Turn is fine. Ace would scare away a lot of people, but he's raising. He probably had a weak ace on the flop, but those are the breaks. Good fold, if he's bluffing here more power to him.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:45 AM

The flop bet is pretty questionable.

Serious "yuck" on the turn bet. I check-fold it after getting called on the flop.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:57 AM

Flop bet absolutely wonderful (with any two cards). Check fold the turn though. I know you don't have many stats on the guy but what you have so far indicates he is likely tight. He can't exactly peel with much on that board, and if he has a 5 somehow he's not going to fold once another ace falls.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop bet absolutely wonderful (with any two cards).

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Miles,

Would you mind explaining your thinking here? Seems counterintuitive to me and I'd like to know more. (Not being sarcastic in any way.)

--Doc
Old 01-27-2007, 01:11 AM

There was one open limper in late position, and the small blind completed.

The flop comes A45, leaving thousands of hands with nothing but undercard draws. For the limper, KQ KJ KT K9 QJ QT Q9 JT J9 plus a million more. The small blind has almost any two cards (so there are even more hands that have absolutely nothing on the flop). He did not bet at the pot, which is another reason you should think he has nothing.

It's simply the odds - really not too complicated. If they both fold over 25% of the time, you profit. I think they'll both fold 40-50% of the time. Even if one calls, you still likely have a 5 outer and your implied odds should be positive since you will not put any more money into the pot unless you improve. Note this isn't the case with hero in this hand, but he will learn.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The flop comes A45, leaving thousands of hands with nothing but undercard draws. For the limper, KQ KJ KT K9 QJ QT Q9 JT J9 plus a million more. The small blind has almost any two cards (so there are even more hands that have absolutely nothing on the flop). He did not bet at the pot, which is another reason you should think he has nothing.

It's simply the odds - really not too complicated. If they both fold over 25% of the time, you profit. I think they'll both fold 40-50% of the time. Even if one calls, you still likely have a 5 outer and your implied odds should be positive since you will not put any more money into the pot unless you improve. Note this isn't the case with hero in this hand, but he will learn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, dude. Also, happy birthday!
Old 01-27-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lord, I hope so. I bet the turn because the second ace meant there was a lesser probability of having an ace out, distribution, yadda yadda. I was probably c/f almost anything else, especially paint.