Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2007, 07:00 AM

Default Most messed up sleep schedules

I've been sleeping from 6:00 AM-3:00 PM the last week or so. I have night classes this semester and I gradually got to where I'm at now.

I'm interested in what the most messed up sleep schedule other college guys have had in their past. Also what block of time you think would be viewed as the weirdest hours to sleep.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:25 AM

Default Re: Most messed up sleep schedules

At one point in the semester I was going to sleep at 1pm-9pm (classes from 8am-12pm). Another time i was going to sleep at like 8pm-5am. Yeah, I was a little off.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:35 AM

ive done every kind of sleeping sched. possible (i think). freshman yr i was the one hour sleeper (7a-8a). soph yr i did 5a-8a. and now i do a nice 5a-3pm or 6a-7a. (tho i shud say that my sleeping schedule now is due to depression...not rly my choosing. and yes, my body runs the same whether i get 1hr or 10hrs...as long as i dont wake up durrin REM)
Old 01-26-2007, 12:38 PM

For the past 3 years my sleep schedule has been terrible. Usually it starts off normal but as the year goes on it gets later and later until I am going to bed at 10-11am. Eventually it keeps getting later until it is back to normal.

Now I go to bed at 12 and get up at 8. I just did a big project on circadian rhythms, and sleeping at night, and being awake during the day is really really important for health. Gastrointestinal problems, energy levels, liver, heart, and lung health are all affected by your sleep schedule. SLEEP AT NIGHT! seriously, it makes a difference.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:46 PM

my current sleep schedule since september is about 5am-1pm
University is just too much freedom.
Used to be about 1 or 2am - 7:30am
Old 01-26-2007, 06:55 PM

I've been at 3 AM - 1 PM for awhile now =/
Old 01-26-2007, 08:09 PM

uberman schedule

Friend of mine was doing it for a week. Fell asleep once and didn't wake up in time. Roommate comes in, trying to wake him up in nearly every way possible (dumping water on him, hitting him etc) and he doesn't move an inch. Seems not to be breathing, or barely breathing. Ambulance is called and they take him to the hospital. To the shock of everybody, who thought he was dead, he wakes up in the back of the amubalance and shocks everybody in it.

As for me: 7 AM - 3 PM. However, I'm pretty normal right now.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
uberman schedule

Friend of mine was doing it for a week. Fell asleep once and didn't wake up in time. Roommate comes in, trying to wake him up in nearly every way possible (dumping water on him, hitting him etc) and he doesn't move an inch. Seems not to be breathing, or barely breathing. Ambulance is called and they take him to the hospital. To the shock of everybody, who thought he was dead, he wakes up in the back of the amubalance and shocks everybody in it.

As for me: 7 AM - 3 PM. However, I'm pretty normal right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Redundantly shocking! What's the uberman schedule btw?
Old 01-26-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ive done every kind of sleeping sched. possible (i think). freshman yr i was the one hour sleeper (7a-8a). soph yr i did 5a-8a. and now i do a nice 5a-3pm or 6a-7a. (tho i shud say that my sleeping schedule now is due to depression...not rly my choosing. and yes, my body runs the same whether i get 1hr or 10hrs...as long as i dont wake up durrin REM)

[/ QUOTE ]

I have this experience too, found it very frusturating. Might want to consider getting some sleeping pills ( the otc ones sucked so i had to go to the doctor) which have helped a lot.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:36 PM

20-30 minutes every 4~ hours