Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2007, 04:47 AM

Default 1/2 - KQ top pair - opp doesn\'t care

CO:22/14/2.6

Would you c/c after flop?

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button caps</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (13.5SB, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (10.25BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (14.25BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 16.25BB
Old 01-26-2007, 05:01 AM

Default Re: 1/2 - KQ top pair - opp doesn\'t care

Check call from there on. You cannot beat a darn thing he would have but I guess you have to call getting 16.25 to one on your money.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:44 AM

I'm tempted to c/f the turn. You're hoping he does that play with AK. Is that reasonable to assume?
Old 01-26-2007, 10:29 AM

I wouldn't fault anyone who folded preflop when the preflop raise came back capped to him. KQo is a fold, KQs a marginal call.

Postflop given that it was capped preflop you're looking to win this hand with a straight or flush. Top pair, second kicker is unlikely to win at showdown based on villians actions.

I wouldn't fault anyone for folding this flop, having missed the good straight or flush draw. Otherwise check/call the flop, reevaluate on the turn.

As played on the turn when CO raises, you're beat and you should fold. Bet/call is a bad line for the turn. Flop was also overplayed. What do you put CO on that you're beating?
Old 01-26-2007, 10:37 AM

Grunch
I'm betting out on the flop - and folding to a raise. Your outs have disapeared with that flop. And bearing in mind the PF cap.

A pair of Queens doesnt keep me on this hand after the flop. The CO likes his hand too much - He's showing Pocket Rockets or Kings.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:56 PM

Your call to a re-raise and a cap pre flop was a gamble. But that's okay. with your hand and all the betting your hand is real marginal unless you flop a huge draw. Top pair will get you in trouble as it did. Unless your opponents are real poor and wild you can hope to hit a pair. But there's a good chance your up against AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK or AQ. On the flop you couldn't beat AA, KK, QQ, JJ,AQ or AJ. The only hand you can likely beat is TT,or QT(which i doubt is involved with all the betting pre flop). I doubt anybody with an underpair like tens would play this strongly. I would have folded on the flop since theres really no hands you can beat. Plus you have no backdoor draws to a flush. So this is a fold.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:02 PM

The turn bet is terrible!
Old 01-26-2007, 04:15 PM

I am trying to find some rationale for playing KQs out of position against 2 people who 3-bet/capped preflop. I fail.
The risk of domination is too huge, I am folding when it's 2 bets back to me (unless they are total maniacs).

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-26-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Grunch
I'm betting out on the flop - and folding to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is really almost never the correct play in multiway pots. Shockingly this is no exception.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As is some of the advice in this thread:

* Fold preflop getting 5:1 and the betting's capped? What, we raised this the first time around on a steal?

* Bet out the flop and fold to a raise? The only possible reason for betting out the flop is because we want CO to raise and drive out the button, so we can then play it WA/WB. Problem is, we're behind about 3:2 against a reasonable player's pf3 range. Bet out the flop and fold to a raise AND a call (or visa versa), now that I could be on board with.

* "On the flop you couldn't beat...AJ." (Plucked from crdshrk6's post. The rest of the post is pretty good, but I had to find something.) o rly?

* c/f the flop? Getting 15:1 when it's back to you? Not a chance.

Pena, your flop c/r is spew against CO's pf3 range; even if your plan was to get him to 3-jack to drive out BTN you need to remember that if he 3-jacks you're not very happy.

Your turn donk is likewise spew, given your flop c/r. Makes no sense to pull a stop-n-go in this situation. If you had c/c'd the flop, I'd have been on board with a turn donk, and there you could have folded to the raise.