Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2007, 10:50 AM

Default Re: KT flopping TP in a multiway pot

Yeah, they would be getting infinite odds if it gets checked through. I know. Hmph. Im not sure where im trying to get with this all. But won´t they also be getting worse odds on the turn, if no bets go in the flop since the pot will be smaller ? And since they´re likely to call the flop, we might as well make it as unprofitable as possible for them to call on the turn ? Am i making any sense ? :/

Oh,and i have a train to catch, so don´t wait any more comments from me for another 5 hours [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2007, 11:03 AM

This is not a fold preflop no matter how you look at it.

I don't know what relatively light means. Does that mean he is somewhat aggressive? I would bet out here regardless. If he raises then we likely just helped him protect his hand. A raise in the BB after that many limpers is a strong raise, but then again this is 0.1/0.2 so he might not be thinking about that. I would call unless it got 3-bet by one of the limpers and then see what the turn brings.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:43 AM

Ok, I guess I screwed up then. When I saw the flop, my immediate reaction was: "Protect!! Check-raise!!" forgetting for the moment, that the most likely bet would be comming from BB ... (again, I was 4-tabling; not an excuse but an explanation)

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

... so I went with my plan and c/r, cursing to myself. Well, at least BB folded. Fine. What now?

Turn: (10.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 folds, Button folds.

River: (12.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

Yes?
Old 01-26-2007, 11:48 AM

I'd play this the same although both those cards are unpleasant. Dare I say b/f for each after my recent schooling in b/f....
Old 01-26-2007, 11:54 AM

Any reads on the rest of the villians? I'm surprised that BB folds to your c/r, but maybe he was raising with QQ, TT or a smaller pocker pair. I'd think BB would stick around with any two broadway cards for one bet.

As played, I go into b/f mode on the turn and river. I'd expect to be raised if one of the remaining villians have Jx. Still possible that one of the villians has a K with a better kicker, but we are really only worried about KQ because AK probably raises pre-flop and KJ should be raising the flop and definitely the turn. I think your hand is probably good, so bet for value on the turn and river.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, they would be getting infinite odds if it gets checked through. I know. Hmph. Im not sure where im trying to get with this all. But won´t they also be getting worse odds on the turn, if no bets go in the flop since the pot will be smaller ? And since they´re likely to call the flop, we might as well make it as unprofitable as possible for them to call on the turn ? Am i making any sense ? :/

Oh,and i have a train to catch, so don´t wait any more comments from me for another 5 hours [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, they would be getting less odds on the turn if no bets go in on the flop. However, you aren't in a position to be giving a free card to this many players. You are overthinking this one.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:47 PM

Location: Hastings 3L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

c/r is not good here. Sure its a strong play but you'll build a monster pot with a vulnerable holding. Whoever calls BB's bet will call one more.

If BB is aggressive(your read says he kind of is) you should bet out and hope he raises. That will face the field with 14:2 odds.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:49 PM

Check the flop, call one back. Donk the turn. Curse if BB raises the turn.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check the flop, call one back. Donk the turn. Curse if BB raises the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

To elaborate on my thoughts a little bit.

Checking planning to raise the BB is a terrible idea here. You're bloating the pot when you only have TPMK. If you have a read that BB will raise JJ or AQ in this situation, then by means bet the flop. However given the number of people in this hand, this is unlikely. It is more likely that he will bet (rather than raise) with the above holdings.

The bonus with checking is that if it comes back to you two cold, you can get away without having to invest any more on the flop.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:14 PM

Yes, I understand the check. And it's along the same lines I thought also.
I guess KJ would indeed slowplay this (or jump at the occasion that I raised to now 3bet), making it harder for me to get away from it.

So, essentially, I want to protect my hand, but have bad position to do that (I assume you'd raise if were UTG in my hand?). Since my hand is vulnerable and I can't protect, I should hope for a "cheap" showdown (more strongly assuming I'm ahead if the flop action is neglegible, thus betting the turn).