Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2007, 08:07 PM

Default Re: Tone and Flaming in SSNL: PLEASE READ

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dude, post count/reg dates don't matter! you think you're a better person/poster because of those things? come on. But with my comment I wasn't trying to stir up comflict NOR do i think it's ok to act like that online, I'm just saying that lots of things said in jest get misunderstood and people take criticism really tough online for a variety of different reasons. chill out.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and yet you made that comment to me in the cheese thread a day or two ago when I have no idea who you are and I'm pretty sure I've never said a word to you. Hmmmmm.

[/ QUOTE ]

at least we now have an example of an overly sensitive emo baby and what it takes to get on their bad side. relax, it's the internets...if you can get so upset about little things/jokes/sarcasim on the internet you must be a huge joy in real life.

but anyway, i love the cheese thread and would hate to see it go. let's just do our best to limit the flaming/harsh tones (because even though most all of it is playful, certain people fail to pick up on that and are very sensitive) and make sure we make it out of there and into strat posts to keep the forum alive.

SSNL>anyone of us.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
at least we now have an example of an overly sensitive emo baby and what it takes to get on their bad side. relax, it's the internets...if you can get so upset about little things/jokes/sarcasim on the internet you must be a huge joy in real life.

but anyway, i love the cheese thread and would hate to see it go. let's just do our best to limit the flaming/harsh tones (because even though most all of it is playful, certain people fail to pick up on that and are very sensitive) and make sure we make it out of there and into strat posts to keep the forum alive.

SSNL>anyone of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious?
Old 01-25-2007, 08:12 PM

I'm not upset at what you said, I'm upset at the fact that you feel the need to be a jerk to someone with no provocation. From your behavior thus far (and this is the first time I will single someone out) you're exactly the type of person we don't need in this forum. At least your existence so far has given the rest of us a template on how not to post.

Also, you can ask cts/jfish/deerok/Big_Jim what they think of me irl, I have a feeling they wouldn't call me an "overly sensitive emo baby."
Old 01-25-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

SSNL>anyone of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

one good punch deserved another. and goofy, just R E L A X, you're nuts!
Old 01-25-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AJ is absolutely right, and there's really no room for discussion about it. Hell, I sent him a PM a couple weeks ago suggesting that he break out the banstick and start cracking down on people misbehaving. Those people who disagree with this original post really don't GET it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the hell is Pokey not a mod yet??

AJ once again is right on the monies.

imo SSNL is declining in part because of the merge where MSNL posters brought their forums attitude down with them when they were forced into "moving down" and probably resented that somewhat - and in part because of the rise of "BBV culture"

it seems to me that the average posting age has descended to about 8 years old.

Kill the cheese thread - I'll miss it but meh. See what happens after a month or so - lock down SSNL and make it exclusively strat and nothing else. Let he kids go and post crap in BBV or forums designed for it for a while.

SSNL's advice in general is becoming formulaic - yes often noobs post basic questions that deserve one line answers - but in case you haven't noticed the games we are all playing are changing - they are getting markedly tougher. There is an explosion in poker literature that a hefty chunk of recreational players have read - the secret is out about continuation bets for example - they are nowhere near as profitable as they used to be just as one example. These days when and where to CB reuires more thought - ayear ago ou could CB 100% of the time HU and not be far off optimal play - you'll get killed if you do the same thing today.

Posters like limon deserve respect - usually you'll find that the longer ago someone regged and the more posts they have the more they have played - the greater their sum of poker knowledge - so when they suggest an alternative line to "standard" SSNL dogma you ought ot at least listen.

the "if they were a new poster they'd get flamed" argument is laughable. If you read a post you don't agree with make a counter post and explaing why you think they are wrong - reasoning and discussion is goot - flaming, juvenile
comments, and repetition of dogma is terrible - do you see why?

I want to get good at pokah - I want to be made to think about my play - I want to have to defend my position or why I think something - I want quality poker discussion - I want my game to improve more quickly than it is now.

There is way too much noise here now imo - and not enough signal.

I'll probably never get made a mod here. If I was a mod I would have temp banned a chunk of people here - locked a lot more threads and generally toughened the place up a bit.

Why should SSNL descend into a replica of most of the other poker forums around on the net?

2p2 wipes the floor with the rest of the poker forums out there for the most part - the depth and quality of poker knowledge here is astounding - can we keep it more the way it was in the halcyon days - and less like an ePenis measuring contest.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:31 PM

quick question what is the best most respectful way to tell someone you completely disagree with everything they wrote?i don't want to cause a riot but isn't there some way that we can object to things being said and not have everyone over-react to the point of hysterics?
Old 01-25-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

one good punch deserved another. and goofy, just R E L A X, you're nuts!

[/ QUOTE ]

dude I have no idea who you are - you appear to be a regs gimmick account from my perspective...

one good punch does NOT deserve another - grow up.

if everyone takes an eye for an eye - the whole world goes blind.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
quick question what is the best most respectful way to tell someone you completely disagree with everything they wrote?

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry dude, but i disagree with just about everything you said, because ...xxxxx
Old 01-25-2007, 08:36 PM

also,

why all the hate for the current state of SSNL?

I think that the advice given is better than ever, we are getting deeper discussions than ever and our theoretic understanding of the game is better than ever.

People saying the quality is low are very wrong IMO and just jumping on the bandwagen. yeah...we still have some noise, yeah we have 1 word answers and yeah, some ppl act like dicks around here, but as for actual discussion and and advice given, I think SSNL is better than its ever been
Old 01-25-2007, 08:36 PM

All,

einherjar = delta k

Don't feed the troll.