Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2007, 06:07 PM

Default Re: It\'s about time we had this discussion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What hands are you raising in EP that you fold to a re-raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

AJ/AQ/KQ/SCs/22-99

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I don't raise SC's in EP. Agreed on KQ-AJ-AQ. About the small pairs: with $100 stacks, you raise to $4, 35/18 re-raises to $10, do you auto-fold? If not, what is the most important: bet size / opponent's postflop play / position / something else?
Old 01-25-2007, 06:16 PM

In 6-max I am raising but generally folding to a 3-bet (if the re-raiser hasn't been getting out of line): small pocket pairs, KQs, AJ,AQ. LAGs who have a wider raising range in EP would have more hands they are laying down I would think, as Dan Bitel's response seems to suggest.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you realize how retarded that is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good example of the counterproductive hostility that we're talking about. This is the kind of thing that I think warrants a 1-day ban.

It's possible to have vigorous & empassioned debate without insulting people. It's not what you say, it's how you say it.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, I don't raise SC's in EP. Agreed on KQ-AJ-AQ. About the small pairs: with $100 stacks, you raise to $4, 35/18 re-raises to $10, do you auto-fold? If not, what is the most important: bet size / opponent's postflop play / position / something else?

[/ QUOTE ]
Good point: I wouldn't generally fold if it isn't a reasonably sized 3-bet. In your example, definitely not. I would decide based on opponent tendencies/recent history and on stack sizes compared to size of the raise but being OOP makes me reluctant to call (say) a ~pot sized raise without good reason. If he 3-bets light I'd rather fold or 4-bet than call.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What hands are you raising in EP that you fold to a re-raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

AJ/AQ/KQ/SCs/22-99

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually the SCs and PPs might be callable if everything goes just right: relative position, multiway-ness & stack sizes. But 99.5% of the time, they are a fold.

Example of possible raise-call:

FTP NL100, $200 stacks all around. Hero is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], raises to 4. UTG+1 raises to 8, everyone calls. Here a call is OK. I'm not sure where a push or re-raise fits EV-wise compared to a call...
Old 01-25-2007, 06:29 PM

I'm kinda surprised you guys would play 76s in EP. Might just be me nitting it up, but I really hate drawing hands OOP.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm kinda surprised you guys would play 76s in EP. Might just be me nitting it up, but I really hate drawing hands OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

76s is my favorite hand, actually. I won't open with it 100% of the time from UTG, but I would guess that I can open with it about 80% of the time. It depend on stacks & images, both yours & thiers.

Edit to add that there is no shame in folding 76s from UTG. It's hard to play OOP postflop.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you realize how retarded that is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good example of the counterproductive hostility that we're talking about. This is the kind of thing that I think warrants a 1-day ban.

It's possible to have vigorous & empassioned debate without insulting people. It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

[/ QUOTE ]

My god, what I said was not an insult. Please calm down FFS.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

76s is my favorite hand, actually. I won't open with it 100% of the time from UTG, but I would guess that I can open with it about 80% of the time. It depend on stacks & images, both yours & thiers.

Edit to add that there is no shame in folding 76s from UTG. It's hard to play OOP postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there any chance you could give me an idea of your winrate with 76s, 78s, 89s UTG and UTG+1 vs LP? I'm really interested in this, as I always assumed I'd be losing a lot of money playing those hands there. Might depend on whether you're playing in a 19/6 or 45/12 game too.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:39 PM

Well I'm at work, don't have PT here. I'm not even sure my sample size would be sufficient, but when I get home I'll try and remember.