Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Obvious Question
HOT!!! 11 27.50%
Not 3 7.50%
Good enough for me. 25 62.50%
I'm gay, a girl, eunuch, etc. (let's see results) 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-25-2007, 12:20 AM

Default Re: PPA or new org???

My recollection is that Berge said he spoke with Bolcerek personally and was expressly told that the PPA would be issuing a response. Indeed, he was told (if my memory is correct) that they wanted to take some time to issue a responsible, thorough response. If Bolcerek does an about face now and blows this community off, I personally will consider it a bad sign and reason not to trust PPA representations in the future.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:29 AM

I really think we should give PPA more love before we can reasonably expect them to give a crap what we think. The anti PPA sentiment is very strong here and they, IMO, definitely have bigger battles to fight. I sincerely hope they are fighting, and I increasingly suspect that they are doing what they can

I think the support of 2+2 Publishing is a different story though and should be pursued as long as they deem it attainable.

I voted PPA but I still think a new org is a good idea... I should catch up on the goals thread, but ideally a new org would seek to compliment the efforts of PPA and not undermine or compete with PPA. Just because this site is being responsible and thorough instead of blindly backing them, doesn't mean we have to take the same approach. As individuals we can support PPA, cost free, and cross our fingers... WHILE endeavoring to launch plan B, and we don't have to worry about a reflection on our long term image.

We could probably use a "Lets all commit to getting 5 PPA members and post here when done thread".
I thought about just starting one instead of recommending one, but didn't... not sure which forum is appropriate. I'll watch for it and post when I hit my five. Let's throw PPA a some free support.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:18 AM

I havent gotten much info on what the PPA is doing lately except that article about a new bill by GAMBLING911 or what ever they are called. Can someone provide some links to what else they have been doing? I like the idea of having 2 orgs to really put the pressure on lawmakers, I am a member of PPA but def. feel like I have no clue what they are doing.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If Bolcerek does an about face now and blows this community off, I personally will consider it a bad sign and reason not to trust PPA representations in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-25-2007, 07:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My recollection is that Berge said he spoke with Bolcerek personally and was expressly told that the PPA would be issuing a response. Indeed, he was told (if my memory is correct) that they wanted to take some time to issue a responsible, thorough response. If Bolcerek does an about face now and blows this community off, I personally will consider it a bad sign and reason not to trust PPA representations in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

My recollection was that he wanted to respond but was running it past the lawyers (and his board) first. Mike may want to but he represents an organisation and has to act for that and with legal/pr advice.

I'd be surprised if he responded but I am sure he wants to.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:46 AM

All the E-Mail I've sent to PPA is replied back to with "We will review this. Your message will also be reviewed by the President of the PPA." It's not quite a form letter, as it changes format slightly each time, but it's basically the same.

Does the President of the PPA really have time to review all email that isn't personally directed towards him?

yeahright, when are you -ever- going to post why we should take you with anything less than a grain of salt?
Old 01-25-2007, 09:23 AM

Let me add that, while I think the PPA has been ineffective at communicating on the grass roots level, that does not necessarily mean that I think they should be replaced. Rather, it may simply mean that a different organization is necessary to fill the gap. Indeed, a separate organization may actually help PPA by relieving it of that obligation, and allowing it to focus on the inside Washington lobbying game.

As I've said repeatedly, through one vehicle or another, it is important that we supplement whatever lobbying is happening with a grass-roots effort. It would be nice if PPA could operate on that level as well; but if it cannot or will not, then a new, additional organization is needed.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My recollection was that he wanted to respond but was running it past the lawyers (and his board) first. Mike may want to but he represents an organisation and has to act for that and with legal/pr advice.

I'd be surprised if he responded but I am sure he wants to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then he should take the simple step of issuing that kind of statement. It would be better than nothing. Most of us here aren't really interested in whether the PPA meets all the technical lobbying requirements; we just want to know that we're not being totally ignored.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:43 PM

shameless bump for votes
Old 01-25-2007, 09:37 PM

more shameless bumping for votes....next thing I'll be kissing babies