Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2007, 08:06 PM

Default Re: Pokerstars Paper Check Trip Report

I really hate the frowns - honestly, is there a decent bank where they just take your money with a smile? It's like all banks want to assume their customers are criminals.

Jeff
Old 01-24-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If someone can take a picture of the check, it'd be nice to see what PS sends out. Is it like a corporate check that is longer than the typical check? Or bigger?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not so sure this is a good idea.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If someone can take a picture of the check, it'd be nice to see what PS sends out. Is it like a corporate check that is longer than the typical check? Or bigger?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah no need to post pictures of them. They're just standard size payroll checks. They look a little generic but nothing out of the ordinary.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:32 PM

I've deposited many huge checks ($20,000+) for my parent's business when I was much younger (16-18) with absolutely no second looks.

I took out a few thousand in cash when I went to Vegas last year and deposited a slightly smaller amount when I got back - no frowns, just a young teller my age who was a little curious (we talked about Vegas).

I wouldn't be happy w/ my bank if they gave me frowns & suspicion when I deposited a few grand.

Either you have very little money in the account, you're very new customer, you looked suspicious, or your bank sucks. Or maybe you just live in a crappy part of town where no one has ever deposited that much? lol.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is DEFINITELY a bad idea. please do not post a picture of this on a public msg board.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:44 PM

Years ago I withdrew via paper check from Pokerroom, and the check was from some bank in Antigua that didn't have an address - I think it said "corner of main and 12th st" or something ridiculous on it. The check was for $1500 or so, and took a couple of weeks to clear.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is DEFINITELY a bad idea. please do not post a picture of this on a public msg board.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-24-2007, 08:56 PM

This thread seems to have two halves to it:

1) cashing cheques from PS is bloody boring

2) There are some people working in the banking teller business who frown sometimes. And some who smile sometimes. And some who react to people depositing $20k. And some who don't react to people depositing $20k.

I was hoping for something interesting when I opened this thread - something other than "I requested a cheque, PS sent me a cheque, and then I went to the bank. People at bank were unhappy"
Old 01-24-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was hoping for something interesting when I opened this thread - something other than "I requested a cheque, PS sent me a cheque, and then I went to the bank. People at bank were unhappy"

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i was hoping the thread would just die after like 10 people in a row were like, 'don't worry, it's cool dude'

i guess i was just a little paranoid and a lot uninformed
Old 01-24-2007, 10:48 PM

LearnedfromTV:

~30k in cash? If I am not mistaken, you will have to fill out paperwork for that amount. +/- $10k in cash will do it.

The 10/25 PL Omaha game that used to run at Harrahs/Resorts, people winning a bunch would just leave with chips. Taking more than $10k to the cage in a 24 hour period = paperwork.