Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2007, 06:04 PM

Default Re: irrational and sudden impulses you\'d never really do

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jumping in front of the subway and ending it all.

[/ QUOTE ]
And snarling up everyone else's commute? Dick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know man! Thats why I don't do it, that and the subway operator. I'm still alive today because im so nice. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

See thats the reason that i would want to do it, knowing i'm going out in such graphic fashion AND [censored] everybody right in the ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe Rogan has a cool bit about that. He says that people who commit suicide in bathtubs so it will be easier to clean up are pussies. That the way to do it is drink like a gallon of coffee and eat 2 dozen cheeseburgers and then walk into a carpet store and blow your brains out. [censored] and piss and blood EVERYWHERE. People quiting there jobs because they dont wanna have to clean up your mess. That'll make damn sure you are remembered!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
By-Tor, was the satisfaction you got worth it?

[/ QUOTE ]

all it cost me was a point on my driving record and a dent in my wheel-well, so...

Yes. It was very satisfying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has age changed that any? What I mean is would you do that again today?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, absolutely. I am far less likely to get pissed about random annoyances now (16 years later) then when I was 22.

But honestly, I think it is more about having responsibilities and dependants that keep me level-headed these days.

I can't go running around putting people into walls these days and expect to get away as relatively scott-free as I did in this situation.

edit: "oh, absolutely", as in "yes, it would definitely make a difference", not as in "Oh, would absolutely do it again"... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah this happens to me a lot. I go through phases where I just have these weird impulses to self-destruct. Like I'm on a subway platform and get the urge to dive in front of a train. Or like in "Requiem For a Dream," walk up behind a cop and grab the gun out of his holster. Good to know it's normal... or is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

The subway one in particular is pretty recurring for me, I'd say I notice it once every two months or so. I usually just stand back a little at that point.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:06 PM

Wow, after reading this thread I'm really glad there aren't any subways in Phoenix. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, after reading this thread I'm really glad there aren't any subways in Phoenix. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Close enough?

Ray
Old 01-24-2007, 06:19 PM

Malls have those portable kiosks where businesses who don't want to lease an entire storefront sell their goods. Malls also often have two floors.

If I've watched some Mick Foley wrestling matches recently, I'll often have the urge to dive from the balcony through the kiosk.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:22 PM

I agree with a lot of these.

One at work I get a lot is while I sit in my cube, to just unplug my keyboard and huck it over my head into cubeland. See what kind of havoc ensues.

One I have isn't necessarily an urge, but whenever I fly I go through a long "what if this plane goes down" internal monologue. Will I be able to keep my cool? Will I go gracefully? What if I manage to live, am I the biggest badass ever? Will it secretly be really relieving?
Old 01-24-2007, 06:22 PM

Wow, I can relate to a ton in this thread. Double checked with a roomate too so he could have a laugh and make sure it wasn't some 2+2 insanity. Most common impulses for me:

-Jumping into or pushing someone into traffic
-Punching people either in the face or back of the head
-Blurting out something Tourrettes style
-Stealing something
-Grabbing a cops gun from the holster, I think I've come frighteningly close to actually acting on this impulse
-Pulling emergency door on plane, I actually try not to sit near them now because it really bothers me
-Grabbing a small child and running. I honestly think this would be hilarious to try, just run a couple hundred feet to freak the parent out and then give the kid back

Look foward to the thread on cutting ties Diablo, it's something I've considered doing after college. Just disappear, probably only telling close family, and starting over somewhere for a couple months. I know I'd eventually want to reconnect with plenty of people, but I think it would be a great experience. I think once most people have a comfortable group of friends they tend to close themselves off to meeting new people and trying some new things
Old 01-24-2007, 06:24 PM

some more

grabbing a strangers plate of food and throwing it on the ground then running away screaming

grabbing a kid and running (already mentioned)

kiss a random guys gf

grab a bunch of [censored] from best buy and just running

acting utterly insane and bizarre in any sort of conservative or quite social gathering. like a university lecture or studying in the library.

Off topic, but i had this fat friend in high school and i always thought it would be awesome if he went absolutey nuts one day and came into school naked, getting to see everybodys reactions would be so great.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:24 PM

I just thought of a somewhat unique one.

I run Magic Tournaments. If you've never been to one, it looks a lot like a chess tournament:

At least once a tournament I have a distinct urge to do a running table dive/slide on several people's games.

Ray