Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2007, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Value at Everest?

The software is awful, I dont think I could get used to that
Old 01-24-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The games there are realy soft. Even in 10/20 nl there are a lot of fresh,spanisch,italian donkeys to be found be gladly will give you all of their money

Also a big plus is that these players with a limitid talent go and tilt very easaly

[/ QUOTE ]

10/20 NL? I only see up to 5/10, which for reasons of their own they choose to call 10/10...
Old 01-26-2007, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The games there are realy soft. Even in 10/20 nl there are a lot of fresh,spanisch,italian donkeys to be found be gladly will give you all of their money

Also a big plus is that these players with a limitid talent go and tilt very easaly

[/ QUOTE ]

10/20 NL? I only see up to 5/10, which for reasons of their own they choose to call 10/10...

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, the "10/10 NL" game is just 5/10.
makes no sense why they'd call it that. stupid eurotrash.

games aren't even that good and software is the worst i've ever tried. not in a 'just get used to it' sense, either. it's really really bad.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:52 PM

Hi Teddy,

We call our NL tables 10/10, 4/4, etc, to stay consistent with how we name our Limit tables. Instead of switching from blinds (NL) to stakes (Limit), we uses stakes in both instances. I do realize this may not be industry standard, but it is consistent and perhaps easier to understand for those new to poker.

Sorry to hear you didn't like the software. What were your complaints? You probably don't realize this, but we recently released a new version.

Among other things, this new version enables full resizing of tables, ability to "black out" the whole table (including removing avatars), and other options that make it enjoyable for experienced players who want a minimal experience. In addition, Poker Tracker now supports Everest Poker with their latest patch, released on Wednesday.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them.

Cheers,

Everest Poker
Old 01-26-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Teddy,

We call our NL tables 10/10, 4/4, etc, to stay consistent with how we name our Limit tables. Instead of switching from blinds (NL) to stakes (Limit), we uses stakes in both instances. I do realize this may not be industry standard, but it is consistent and perhaps easier to understand for those new to poker.

Sorry to hear you didn't like the software. What were your complaints? You probably don't realize this, but we recently released a new version.

Among other things, this new version enables full resizing of tables, ability to "black out" the whole table (including removing avatars), and other options that make it enjoyable for experienced players who want a minimal experience. In addition, Poker Tracker now supports Everest Poker with their latest patch, released on Wednesday.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them.

Cheers,

Everest Poker

[/ QUOTE ]

You explained it, and I still don't understand it. Since all other sites call 5/10 5/10, you probably should, too. For newer players, you're going to confuse them b/c all players they've talked to, and all other sites, call it something different than you do. I know it's not a big deal, but it's kinda strange and probably counterproductive to stray from the industry standard in this regard.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:05 PM

Hi Megenoita,
Thanks for the feedback, and perhaps we'll make this change. (however, I do want to point out that the Ongame Network names their tables the same way [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

Cheers,

Everest Poker
Old 01-26-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Megenoita,
Thanks for the feedback, and perhaps we'll make this change. (however, I do want to point out that the Ongame Network names their tables the same way [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

Cheers,

Everest Poker

[/ QUOTE ]
I know you mean well, but doing the opposite of OnGame is probably a good rule of thumb.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You explained it, and I still don't understand it. ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Limit: 10-20 means pf/f minbet is 10, turn/river minbet is 20.

Everest (and Pokerroom) NL: 10-10 means pf/f minbet is 10, t/r minbet is 10.

other NL (majority) 5-10 refers to the blinds not the minbets on first 2 versus second 2 streets. but the minbet is still 10 on all streets.

Site representative liked the consistency between limit and NL, instead of referring to minbets in one and blinds in other. other sites like 2 systems I guess b/c minbets matter in limit but not really in NL.