Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2006, 11:01 AM

Default Re: $55 - JJ on level 4, two limpers, big stack

[ QUOTE ]
Jesus wtf is it with you and JJ Scuba? Just push pf, the effective stack is 13BB, the amount in pot is equal to 20% of your stack, and you have jacks!! SHOVE!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to echo this, not pushing is really bad. Ok, I've fulfilled my monthy echo one of Tigerite's posts requirement.

If you want to play deep stack poker, do it in an earlier level or at 6-max, because with effective 13BB stacks and 2 limpers, there's only one move with JJ.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As it is, you folded jacks getting 5.5-1 on a call. THAT is atrocious, and I have a feeling the dude was laughing his ass off when you folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I called, and he rivered quads against me. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

that's why I said that bet was begging to get raised.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
While i don't mind the PF raise, the flop bet is begging to be raised... isnt it? I think you need to decide if you're playing it to the felt and play accordingly. 1/4 pot bet? I don't really like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's correct. My bet is begging to get raised, IMO. That's why I hated this hand all the way around. I thought that my raise to 450 would narrow the field to one, but that failed. With 1500 in the pot, and ~ 1300 behind, it's tough to make any kind of bet that seems normal looking.

It's also the reason why I can't "sleep well knowing that you played it correctly"

Checking is also atrocious. Bleh. I think the only way to play this hand, once I get to the flop, is to bet that amount on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point, ill have to think about this. good thread
Old 02-12-2006, 01:07 PM

Hero smooth calls.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While i don't mind the PF raise, the flop bet is begging to be raised... isnt it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you think about it, they are going to at least raise/call with a pair of kings anyway. But if you intice them to raise (by betting 400) then that means now they will raise with a pair of tens and alot more other hands where they will commit their chips as an underdog to JJ. This now means that a raise from one player has alot of bluffing/semi-bluffing probability attached to it.

So I actually like that 400 raise, but only if Scuba has already made up his mind to commit the rest of his stack to this pot unless both players decide to go all in or at least call the flop. What's the point of inticing someone to raise with a broader range of hands and then folding to that raise? You have just increased your odds of actually having the best hand against a raise, so you better be willing to get all your chips in.