Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2007, 01:56 PM

Default Check-raise with TPGK

http://www.pokerhand.org/?764369

Villain has been quite active pf and postflop. Ive seen him call pf raises with a variety of junk.He prolly raises AK/Q on the flop so I don't think either of those are particularly likely. That means he's either drawing , has a weaker A or is floating. A set is possible but given the speed of his flop call and the turn card I think it's fairly unlikely.

If I bet he will fold his floats and most likely call with Ax/flush draws. This sets up a rly awkward river situation given stacks and pot size.

If I check I think he prolly bets his flush draws and I make more off his floats. Im not sure whether he bets the A or not but it doesn't matter too much. If he checks it I can get a decent value bet in on the river. If he bets it I think theres a decent chance he calls the all in.

So it's possibly for value, it's for protection, and it's to avoid an awkward river situation. It should also discourage him from floating me in the future.

What do you think?
Old 01-24-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Check-raise with TPGK

I think you pretty much spelled it out, I dont have a problem with that logic
Old 01-24-2007, 02:46 PM

This is a situation where I c/c turn and then re-evaluate river depending on what falls, and my opponents river bluff frequency.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:52 PM

given your descrption of villain i think like your line. the turn was a very good card for u. the decision i think comes down to will he stack off with lesser hands here, such as at, a9 etc. if u think he does then go the the crai, if not then maybe a cc and either vb or cc depending on river. however, given the the amount of bad river cards i'm leaning towards getting it in on the turn instead of those options.