Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2007, 03:10 AM

Default turn bet

live 20-40, great game, I've got deranged and le petit bus to my right and there are a ton of soft spots. I wanted some input on the turn but think the flop is bad and pre-flop might be bad but I like playing so anyways

I'm in the SB with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

utg +1 loose somewhat passive not good fish limps, taggy type player limps, another passive fish limps, Deranged raises on the button, I call (?), all call.

5 to the flop for 10.5 sbs. The flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Everyone checks to will and he bets. I decide to call (which is most likely retarded) as Will is solid and no one will rais him here with [censored] aces and I can't see any of these guys limping with good ones. Fish utg calls, taggy guy check-raises, another fish folds, Will calls so I know what he has so I call and then the utg fish calls.

4 to the turn 9.25 BBs: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and I bet.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:18 AM

Default Re: turn bet

you never win this hand without getting there. even if deranged can make a fold, the others likely can't. if you had the good end of the open ender you could argue for value, but with clubs and not knowing if an 8 is good for you it's definitely not value, so what is it? if taggy guy has something real then drawing at the ass end for two bets sucks.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:34 AM

uhhhh ok, i hate it so far
Old 01-24-2007, 10:29 AM

Turn good. Getting there not good.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

you never win this hand without getting there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

[ QUOTE ]
even if deranged can make a fold,

[/ QUOTE ]

He either has AA or he's not raising. He's probably folding, but I doubt he's raising me here.

[ QUOTE ]
if you had the good end of the open ender you could argue for value

[/ QUOTE ]

not with one card to come you couldn't.

[ QUOTE ]
but with clubs and not knowing if an 8 is good for you it's definitely not value, so what is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I hit a str8 its likely good. UTG fishy guy could have anything, so he's the one to worry about if I do make my str8. Deranged range after he just calls the flop c/r is 99-AA, maybe big clubs but that's less likely. Check-raiser either has a decent ace like A9s, two pair with A7A6s, a set, or a good draw, less likely a draw.

[ QUOTE ]
if taggy guy has something real then drawing at the ass end for two bets sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I'd be able to see the river for one bet.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
live 20-40, great game, I've got deranged and le petit bus to my right and there are a ton of soft spots. I wanted some input on the turn but think the flop is bad and pre-flop might be bad but I like playing so anyways

I'm in the SB with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

utg +1 loose somewhat passive not good fish limps, taggy type player limps, another passive fish limps, Deranged raises on the button, I call (?), all call.

5 to the flop for 10.5 sbs. The flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Everyone checks to will and he bets. I decide to call (which is most likely retarded) as Will is solid and no one will rais him here with [censored] aces and I can't see any of these guys limping with good ones. Fish utg calls, taggy guy check-raises, another fish folds, Will calls so I know what he has so I call and then the utg fish calls.

4 to the turn 9.25 BBs: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and I bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

You shoulda check/folded the flop. Especially when Will bet & the other TAG player checkraises...
Old 01-24-2007, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You shoulda check/folded the flop. Especially when Will bet & the other TAG player checkraises...

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have c/f'd the flop once button bets for sure. Then there's a c/r and will doesn't 3-bet....I should fold there for one? That doesn't seem right to me at all. The first bet is an easy, easy, easy fold. I was getting optimistic, don't know what else you'd call it. I wasn't losing so you can't call it tilt so optimism. The second was fine I think.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:00 PM

I'm just going to say that I liked this play when Brett made it.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:22 PM

Fold preflop and on the flop. Hand is just too small to keep going. As for the turn bet--good luck!
Old 01-24-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your range here for calling pre-flop?