Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2007, 06:30 PM

Default Loading epassporte account with credit card?

I am considering getting an epassporte account and would like to hear from anyone who has done a deposit to their epassporte account with a credit card. I would like to do this to initially fund my account IF AND ONLY IF the transaction will show up on my credit card as a purchase and not a cash advance. Anyone know for certain which it will show up as? I couldn't find the answer on epassporte's site. Also, any other tips I should be aware of? Thanks.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Loading epassporte account with credit card?

I loaded my epassporte account with my debit card and had no problems. From sign-up to deposit was a total of 10 minutes.

Edit-but that wasn't you're question. It showed up as a purchase. I would think it would be the same for a credit card as debit card, but I'm not 100% on that.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:18 PM

Which bank do you use for your debit card?
Old 01-23-2007, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Which bank do you use for your debit card?

[/ QUOTE ]

I use Bank of America.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I loaded my epassporte account with my debit card and had no problems. From sign-up to deposit was a total of 10 minutes.

Edit-but that wasn't you're question. It showed up as a purchase. I would think it would be the same for a credit card as debit card, but I'm not 100% on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm really interested in the answer to this for credit cards, as I'd rather use my CC and get the 1% cash back and 1-2 months float, plus I think my debit card's probably expired anyway, as I haven't used it in ages. Good to know that's a workable option though.

I figured I'd call epassporte's customer service to ask them. I've been trying for like an hour now, and have gotten a busy signal every time. Ugh. Not very encouraging, to say the least. I'll probably fire them off an email here in a bit.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:50 PM

I think it probably depends on your credit card company, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it coded as a cash advance. I doubt Epassporte can tell you your particular credit card company's policy on this. You could always call their customer service or make a small deposit and check online to see how it's coded.

Jeff
Old 01-23-2007, 11:42 PM

I loaded with a credit card last week and it showed up as a cash advance. This means that in addition to the $5/$100 that ePassporte charges, my credit card company hit me with a cash advance fee and started charging interest right away. I wouldn't have done it, but I wanted to get the account established with at least one site and it takes forever to do an EFT from your checking account to ePassporte (and that's after it takes forever to verify the account, which isn't even done yet.)
Old 01-24-2007, 12:23 AM

I also got hit with a $10 cash transaction fee from my credit card. Thanks for the heads up, went to my account and paid it off.

Probably would of went with the slower bank transfer if I would of know this ahead of time. Oh well, got my money out of full tilt and hopefully have a withdrawal method out of Poker Stars now if needed.