Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2007, 09:05 PM

Default Re: question about no fat mayo and low carb bread.

wrong thread
Old 01-23-2007, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
George,

You're eating a s---ton of cholesterol. 4 eggs + turkey/tuna/chicken +more chicken/fish + yogurt is about 4x the USDA recommended daily amount.

Take out 3 of the egg yolks. If it tastes significantly worse to you, then add some other flavors like sun-dried tomato, carmalized onion, mushrooms, red pepper, whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm trying to put on size too. i'm pretty much eating as much meat as i feel i have to, to be able to recover from these killer work outs i keep doing every day.

i agree that egg whites is a better choice though, are the egg whites that come in a can/carton good? i'd like to use those rather than removing the yolks. i don't really think eggs taste good at all anyway so i can't imagine i'd mind the taste being different.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have any energy in you throughout the day?

Where's all the veg and fruit and EFAs, well, where is anything with lots of nutrition instead of shed fulls of animo acids?

Switch your fish up too, at least you are getting some EFAs there but you're getting tons of mercury.

Way less cholesterol too.

Supplement vits/mins/fats.

[/ QUOTE ]

i eat spinach almost every day, take a multivitamin... i could probably start eating some brocolli too, i like that. i hate most vegetables and can barely get them down. eating the spinach is a total chore.

i have a ton of energy during the day. more than i've probably ever had before, since i cut out the candy, pizza and fast food.

i eat apples and bananas from time to time. strawberries sometimes. maybe one fruit on average per day, i've always been told to limit them because they are high on the glycogen index or whatever ( i'm not goingto pretend i know what that means ).
Old 01-23-2007, 09:13 PM

Just get whole wheat bread with 100% whole wheat flour as first ingredient (also make sure HFCS, enriched, or bleached flour are nowhere to be found in the ingredient list).

Sam's club also has 100% whole wheat low carb wraps (no HFCS).
Old 01-23-2007, 09:17 PM

bananas are high on the glycogen index. apples aren't, it's a wide range. you shouldn't be limiting fruit because you've been told it's high on GI index, there's lots that are low. you need more fruit.

try some new veg that you haven't tried before. i spent all my life just thinking i didn't like veg until i decided to eat healthier then found new veg and new ways to cook other veg, and other foods that compliment them.

do this and you'll have more energy again. super high nutrition dense per calorie.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:21 PM

i just said that i have a ton of energy, but what vegetables did you decide that you liked later in life and how do you prepare them?
Old 01-23-2007, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i eat apples and bananas from time to time. strawberries sometimes. maybe one fruit on average per day, i've always been told to limit them because they are high on the glycogen index or whatever ( i'm not goingto pretend i know what that means ).

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.glycemicindex.com/
Old 01-23-2007, 09:30 PM

low-fat is fine, no-fat is disgusting. it's all sugary and oily. it's awful. i was on a low-calorie, low-fat diet and i have two full jars of the stuff, i can't bear to use it. blech.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:43 PM

most of it is food i hadn't tried and didn't want to based on eating with my eyes. now i'll regulary have roasted/grilled peppers, steamed broccoli (thai food or chinese stir frys) and asparagus. sugar snap peas. avocados w/ chicken on sandwich (or wraps for you), olives w/ the right dressing. Sweet potatoes. Add more tomatos, even on a health pizza w/ a thin wholewheat base. onions again on the pizza or sandwich, caramelize them if you must or just fry them in sunflower seed oil. turnips i found i liked that i thought i hated, but those are huge on the GI. then all your standard veg, carrots, lettuce etc.

adding fruit can be really easy for you since you're on protein supplements. there's a smoothie thread that just started, get some recipes from that, choose low GI fruits, add the protein supplement, blend to keep some fibre too.

just trying new foods came from moving out and having to learn to cook. i think i will try being vegan for 30 days soon.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:55 PM

oh and for the record my yogurt has no cholesterol. i just mixed in a carton of strawberries with it and i'm eating ~300 calories worth of it ( not fat ) and it is heavenly. i would eat this routinely before i decided to get serious about my diet too.