Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2007, 04:11 PM

Default Re: If you are a lifter what supplements do you take?

[ QUOTE ]
In terms of how much and when:

Tonalin CLA - I take 4 grams a day (usually equal to about 3 or 4 tablets spread throughout the day)

Creatine Monohydrate Powder-Although I suggest a loading phase, I am beginning to believe that it is not necessary. For the first week, take 15g of creatine a day mixed with gatorade (3 times a day x 5grams each time, morning, lunch, dinner) The gatorade is needed to give your body an insulin spike which helps transport the creatine into your system. After the first week, take 10g a day (one time should be before workout)

L Glutamine Powder - 10g a day for the for the first week, 5g a day after. This can also be mixed with gatorade. Usually best taken after workout and before bed. Glutamine helps in muscle recovery, and will be very helpful especially when you first start working out.

Whey Protein - I've always taken the amount of protein that is equal to the weight I would like to achieve. For example, if you want to weigh 200lbs, I would suggest 200g of protein a day. Again, you should definitely spread this out throughout the day. Too much at once might cause some sort of stomach problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is all good advice. I use a protein powder that has Glutamine in it already, and take Creatine capsules with Gatorade (for reasons said above) pretty regularly.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:40 PM

I just started about a week ago.

I am stacking Noxplode, Cellmass, and Nitrix. Along with Twinlab whey protien.

Nitrix 3x's a day, Noxplode 20 mins before workout and cellmass directly after workout, and right before bed.

Protien shake w/water 45 mins after workout.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Nitrix 3x's a day, Noxplode 20 mins before workout and cellmass directly after workout, and right before bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to adjust your after workout protein shake intake. 45 mins is too long to wait. Within the first 20 mins after a workout is much more optimal. Your muscles are craving protein and they absorb more within those first few mins after the workout. Very key to growth and repair of the muscle.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the worst thing possibly ever. Maybe behind DHT and Synthol, but close.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Nitrix 3x's a day, Noxplode 20 mins before workout and
cellmass directly after workout, and right before bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes this so bad?
Old 01-23-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Nitrix 3x's a day, Noxplode 20 mins before workout and
cellmass directly after workout, and right before bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes this so bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

Too many supplements dude. You have to eat regular food too. If you are looking to get big, then here is a quick suggestion: 1.5g protein per pound of body weight. Take in two shakes, one being right after your workout. The rest of your protein should come from chicken, eggs, fish, and red meat (preferably lean cuts).

Ex:
Breakfest: 6 eggs and 1 cup oatmeal
Mid Morning: Shake
Lunch: Chicken breast and broccoli
Mid Afternoon: Steak
Dinner: Chicken and broccoli
Evening: Tuna
Before Bed: Whey Protein
Post Workout: Shake

Two days a week, eat carbs like potatoes and rice. Wed and Sat work for my typically.

Eat something similar to this and cut out all the supplements except protein and creatine.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:53 PM

Why carbs only 2 days a week and not 7 days a week if he wants to put on weight?
Old 01-23-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In terms of how much and when:

Tonalin CLA - I take 4 grams a day (usually equal to about 3 or 4 tablets spread throughout the day)

Creatine Monohydrate Powder-Although I suggest a loading phase, I am beginning to believe that it is not necessary. For the first week, take 15g of creatine a day mixed with gatorade (3 times a day x 5grams each time, morning, lunch, dinner) The gatorade is needed to give your body an insulin spike which helps transport the creatine into your system. After the first week, take 10g a day (one time should be before workout)

L Glutamine Powder - 10g a day for the for the first week, 5g a day after. This can also be mixed with gatorade. Usually best taken after workout and before bed. Glutamine helps in muscle recovery, and will be very helpful especially when you first start working out.

Whey Protein - I've always taken the amount of protein that is equal to the weight I would like to achieve. For example, if you want to weigh 200lbs, I would suggest 200g of protein a day. Again, you should definitely spread this out throughout the day. Too much at once might cause some sort of stomach problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is all good advice. I use a protein powder that has Glutamine in it already, and take Creatine capsules with Gatorade (for reasons said above) pretty regularly.

[/ QUOTE ]

What have your results been with creatine capsules? I haven't heard a lot of positive feedback about it, but I'm not really quick to judge. Different people's bodies respond differently. Have they made a difference in your workouts? If so, I'd consider giving them a try. For now, I just stick to the powder.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:22 PM

To the best of my knowledge all capsules are is powder put into little capsules that some people find easier to use. Downside is the cost usually.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:30 PM

You dont need any special way to get creatine, you are just wasting your money if you buy into the pills/ethers etc. Plain old creatine monohydrate is perfectly fine. All those hemodilators/arginine are complete [censored] too, just give me the 100$ you guys spend on that stuff, in exchange for the help I give. im a supplement fiend myself, if there is something that can make it easier for me to gain muscle or lose fat, Ill buy it, but I dont waste my cash on crap.