Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2007, 03:10 AM

Default 99 1/2 6max

Hi Guys,

Don't post much NL, but it's been my main game for the last couple of months as I've needed a change from limit.

Anyway, I was lost on this hand today, but it brought up a general situation I'm not too good at dealing with, which is learning how to play mid to highish PPs well postflop.

1/2 NL 6 handed FT
Stacks: 200 for both of us
I raise to 7 in the CO with 99, a 31/21 reraises to 24 in the sb, I call, hu.

flop is J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB bets 42.

Folding here seems too weak, getting all the money in seems spewish, and calling the flop and folding most turns seems non optimal as this board appears to be one ripe for a LAG to second barrel the turn. What's a good plan for the hand?

Thanks
Old 01-23-2007, 03:30 AM

Default Re: 99 1/2 6max

if you aren't experienced, then a fold PF is ok too, but that's too weak for me,

i think you can float this flop and fold to a turn bet, you don't really have too much value in a raise....

it all depends on the read, id on't know how many people would actually raise it?
Old 01-23-2007, 12:24 PM

I think I would call the flop and re-evaluate on the turn. He probably won't fire 2 barrels in a reraised pot with AK. If he bets again on the turn, I think it is a safe fold.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:02 PM

In this hand if the villain was a more normal range of TAG in this game (say 24/20) I'd say floating the flop is probably best as we're likely to elicit a more honest response from him on the turn. Maybe it's best against this guy too, I just felt like he's likely going to be betting again on the turn with most of his hand range.

Raising the flop seems bad as given stack sizes any raise is effectively a push.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Guys,

Don't post much NL, but it's been my main game for the last couple of months as I've needed a change from limit.

Anyway, I was lost on this hand today, but it brought up a general situation I'm not too good at dealing with, which is learning how to play mid to highish PPs well postflop.

1/2 NL 6 handed FT
Stacks: 200 for both of us
I raise to 7 in the CO with 99, a 31/21 reraises to 24 in the sb, I call, hu.

flop is J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB bets 42.

Folding here seems too weak, getting all the money in seems spewish, and calling the flop and folding most turns seems non optimal as this board appears to be one ripe for a LAG to second barrel the turn. What's a good plan for the hand?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

fold pre flop is fine.

as played call flop, fold turn if bet at.