Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2007, 04:31 PM

Default Re: So fraternity rush started tonight..

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If the activity was something you wouldn't look back on and smile or think fondly of, it was hazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you either think fondly of holding another guy's dick or were hazed when you rushed.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're trying to be funny, you've failed.

If you're being serious, then you're a retard.

Glad I'm not you.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:31 PM

TKE is the 24th (or more) frat at UF, while there are only 15ish sorrorities, they will do anything to keep the guys house numbers small and hoefully avoid the blunders that are pike and other reoccuring sterotypes that hit the mainstream media...i was in a frat while at UF...

ps i know founding fathers in your frat, THERE IS NO ICE IN MY LEMONADE!!
Old 01-22-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if you do like the guys in the fraternity you are pledging, then you are a dbag.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

Not intended as humor. The first step to recovery is realizing that you have a problem. GL with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

once again, not funny but nice try. what am i supposed to be recovering from? please explain. try not to make an ass out of yourself while doing so...
Old 01-22-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If the activity was something you wouldn't look back on and smile or think fondly of, it was hazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you either think fondly of holding another guy's dick or were hazed when you rushed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad I'm not you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you claiming that UGA Sigma Pi's don't do the elephant walk?
Old 01-22-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

where i went, money mattered absolutely zero, unless you had NONE. It cost $25 for an expensive night out of drinking and that could buy you 10+ drinks. half the girls were just looking to hook up with a guy regardless, and theres really no way to tell at a college bar what someone's financial situation is.

now, if you are talking about girls who are looking for serious boyfriends, money (or moneymaking potential) probably plays some role. it would take girls a few dates to even figure that out though so I contend that you could still get girls/dates without having any money, then it is up to you to impress her.

the sad thing i noticed is that it usually was more about what frat you were in or what bartenders you knew than anything else.

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

I go to the same college that Taylor went to and this is pretty accurate. I am in a Frat there and get either free drinks or dollar drinks whenever I go out. Almost all of the girls I am trying to hook up with could care less if I (or anybody) was wearing $30 jeans and a $30 collared shirt or $200 jeans and a $200 shirt.

BTW I think frats are a lot of fun and we do lots of events with hot sorority chicks, so thats cool.

Im also waiting for the guy to chime in with "Its called a fraternity not a frat! Show some respect"
Old 01-22-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad I'm not you.

[/ QUOTE ]

my point was, for those that may have missed it, is that hazing (by my definition would be a pointless activity that only serves to demean or humiliate someone) is pointless and wrong.

Cleaning the house, or having to participate in other harmless pledge activities (not holding another guy's Dick) don't constitute hazing.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

brag: i never had to live in a dorm.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is most definitely not a brag. The dorms were like living inside a gigantic nonstop party, and it was friggin fun.

Since Im old and crusty now Id probably either get really annoyed or just die of exhaustion, but if youre young and energetic its great.

[/ QUOTE ]

it is a brag. you wouldn't understand.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

where i went, money mattered absolutely zero, unless you had NONE. It cost $25 for an expensive night out of drinking and that could buy you 10+ drinks. half the girls were just looking to hook up with a guy regardless, and theres really no way to tell at a college bar what someone's financial situation is.

now, if you are talking about girls who are looking for serious boyfriends, money (or moneymaking potential) probably plays some role. it would take girls a few dates to even figure that out though so I contend that you could still get girls/dates without having any money, then it is up to you to impress her.

the sad thing i noticed is that it usually was more about what frat you were in or what bartenders you knew than anything else.

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

I go to the same college that Taylor went to and this is pretty accurate. I am in a Frat there and get either free drinks or dollar drinks whenever I go out. Almost all of the girls I am trying to hook up with could care less if I (or anybody) was wearing $30 jeans and a $30 collared shirt or $200 jeans and a $200 shirt.

BTW I think frats are a lot of fun and we do lots of events with hot sorority chicks, so thats cool.

Im also waiting for the guy to chime in with "Its called a fraternity not a frat! Show some respect"

[/ QUOTE ]

Its called a fraternity not a frat! Show some respect!
Old 01-22-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad I'm not you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you claiming that UGA Sigma Pi's don't do the elephant walk?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, at least not when I was there.

And do you know me Max, or are you the search funtion guru? I think I only mentioned my involvement with them once here and it was 6 months ago.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
altho i advise you to talk about ur money when ur completely wasted so u make an ass out of urself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes or No? Yelling SHIP IT HOLLA! after every sentence when wasted