Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2006, 10:58 PM

Default 2/4 Huge pot w KJs

UTG+1 in this hand is steaming away all his money so fast I've never seen anything like it. The last orbit he has raised every hand pf.
BB seems pretty tight pf but calls down too much from the flop on. Don't have too many hands on him in PT though because of PokerRooms HH problems lately.
UTG is unknown.

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is CO with :K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] :J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, 4 folds, <font color="#cc3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, 2 folds, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#cc3333">UTG+1 Caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (16.5SB, 4 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#cc3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (12.25BB, 4 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (20.25BB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#cc3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc3333">Hero Caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Results:
Final pot: 33.25BB

My questions:

Is this attempt to isolate the steaming UTG+1 pf ok with this hand? Does UTG already limping change anything?

How bad is the turn call? Should I keep raising here? At the moment I didn't wanna scare BB and UTG out, since I seem to be holding all the cards here, or possibly hoping for UTG to keep raising it for me.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:15 PM

Default Re: 2/4 Huge pot w KJs

[ QUOTE ]
Is this attempt to isolate the steaming UTG+1 pf ok with this hand? Does UTG already limping change anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Your hand has great potential and could be best already.

If the isolation works and everyone behind (including UTG) folds, you should plan on calling down unimproved. Or, if you hit the flop, you can play back at the maniac.

If UTG cold-calls preflop and then UTG+1 caps and you go to the flop 3-way and then the flop action goes check, bet, I would probably try to isolate one last time with a raise, whether I caught anything or not.

[ QUOTE ]
How bad is the turn call? Should I keep raising here? At the moment I didn't wanna scare BB and UTG out, since I seem to be holding all the cards here, or possibly hoping for UTG to keep raising it for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably would have 3-bet. But I don't think the cold-call is horrible or anything.

I doubt anyone is folding anything that could outdraw you with the maniac at the table (two pair is what I'm talking about -- obviously no one is folding a set), so the question is how to get the most value from your hand.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:11 AM

Location: 9 to 5ing it the hard way.. but I am out of the house and meeting people.

personally I like your turn call. sure someone might have 2 pair and boat the river but u make so much in overcalls that its worth it.
If isolating was your plan then it is ok.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:26 AM

Grunch*

I dont like to isolate with KJs, maybe A10s but thats stretching. I 3-bet the turn, any flush draws with follow along.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:26 AM

Given your read, PF is fine... but if you thought he was steaming, why would you take your foot off the gas? Especially with the A of [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] being on the flop, the other players may think it's less likely you have the nut-flush and allow you to collect a couple extra BBs.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:38 AM

i would 3-bet the turn, preflop is fine