Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: What\'s your earliest memory?

My earliest was around five, but I am positive I have horrible memory, so I think you're just delusional about your memory. :P

Ray
Old 01-22-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what did your dad expect to happen? i can understand the traumatiazation if thats a word.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd tell the story of the time he let me get drunk when I was 13 just to see what would happen but it's pretty disgusting and I think he was real sorry he let it happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

storytime pls

[/ QUOTE ]

Very briefly:

We were at a group dinner. It was 'BYOB' which in our case was Slivovitz. As I said, he let me get completely hammered. I remember having tunnel-vision and, as soon as the waiter put the chicken dinner in front of everybody, I heaved all over the table. It hit everything and everybody. 'Riot' ensued. Mom got hysterical. Relatives 'upset'. Dad real sorry. Howard (not my real name) sick for days.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:36 PM

The first thing I remember, I was lying in my bed
I couldn't've been no more than one or two
And I remember there's a radio, coming from the room next door
And my mother laughed the way some ladies do
It was late in the evening, and the music's seeping through
Old 01-22-2007, 02:51 PM

My Mom was reading a book, and I wanted to go to the park. She wouldn't take me, and I started to get angry. So I slammed the front door against the wall as hard as my 3 year old body could and left a monstrous dent that is still there to this day.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:02 PM

Seeing a big grass fire a couple of hundred metres from our house. Pretty much all I remember is being carried there by my dad and seeing all the smoke. Think I was 3-4 something.

My second earliest memory is pouring a glass of water from the balcony of our hotel in Switzerland down onto some people eating at the restaurant with a serving place down below. Probably 4 years old, could just be the retelling I remember.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:27 PM

When I was very young my older sister had the album of the Bambi story, narrated by Shirley Temple. I still remember parts of that story to this day, especially Temple's voice. I had to be around 3 or 4 and I must have played it over and over.

I also remember when I was just about 5 we went on a family trip to Europe and I got lost on the Champs Elysee. I remember I was following the rest of the family and I decided to try and walk/climb on the railing for the subway. I can still vividly remember that I thought I was okay because I could see my grandmother's head through the crowd, and then the feeling of shock and fear when suddenly I looked back and I couldn't see her any more. I ran to the store they had been looking in, but they were gone. I walked all over that damn street looking for them and crying, but of course no one spoke English so I couldn't get any help. I still remember crossing from one side of the street to the other looking for our hotel. Crossing that busy street was a very scary experience at the time, and I remember holding out my hands to make sure the cars stopped for me. I couldn't find the hotel and so I was forced to cross back and before long my sister found me. What a relief!
Old 01-22-2007, 03:37 PM

Nursery school
Old 01-22-2007, 03:57 PM

I guess I was about 3 years old or a little bit older when a repair man came to our home to fix the washing machine (I remember it was green). I was plaing in the living room and I remember my babysitter/nanny (a very fat lady) was there with me. The repair man came to the living room to talk to the nanny and when he saw me he asked me "what's your name little girl?" Well, I was a boy as I'm now a man so I was hugely offended by this repair man guy with a huge moustache. I had pretty long and curly blonde hair at the time because my mom liked it so I guess it was a fair mistake to make. Anyway, that evil repair man called me a girl so obviously I showed my masculinity by starting to cry like a baby (well, ok, I was three).

Anyway, my mom has told me afterwards that after that little episode I demanded that my hair has to be cut and I kept demanding it for so long that my mom had to comply and cut my pretty curly blonde hair. It's pretty self-evident that that is my first memory because I was seriously traumatized and I'm still afraid of pretty curly hair and men with a moustache... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2007, 06:20 PM

Riding with my dad in our car to the hospital just after my sister was born (I was 3). I asked him if we could name her cameron (my name). He laughed and said no. Narcicism ftw!!
Old 01-22-2007, 06:22 PM

tripping on rebar and hitting the corner of fresh layed (but hardened) cement and knocking out 8 teeth when I was 3. still have the scare on my lip where one met resistance on exit (tooth won).

remember it like it was yesterday