Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2007, 12:43 PM

Default 2/4 live game effective stacks about 1000

First time I've ever been to this 2/4 live underground game in Knoxville. Game is a mix of older bookies/meth addicts and three college students (including myself), who have a decent understanding of the game. Alright on to the hand, villian has a little over 1000 and I cover with about 1600. Villian is nuts; he sees at least 80% of flops and reraises and floats alot. Also, he has slow-played every monster he had all night.
7 handed
UTG limps
UTG+1 imps
MP folds
Hero Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] makes it 30
Villian calls
SB folds
BB folds
UTG folds
UTG+1 folds.

FLOP: J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG+1 folds out of turn
Hero bets 50
Villian makes it 120
Hero calls

Turn 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks
Villian bets 120

River 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero checks
Villian pushes about 730
Hero???

I think villian almost never has a set here. Honestly the only thing i can put him on is a bluff or a bluff with a seven that became a decent hand. With that said it seems like an easy call, but it's a huge [censored] pot with just an overpair. In hindsight, I probably should have bet turn to see where i stood, but I was trying to keep the pot size manageable.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:54 PM

Default Re: 2/4 live game effective stacks about 1000

First post, so take it for what it's worth...

I re-raise the flop for about 250 more. If Villian pushes, it's probably an easy fold, depending on how crazy this guy is. Villian could have AJ and push, but that would really only be possible for a meth head.

If not re-raise flop, bet same amount on turn, and again if he raises, it's an easy fold. Possible he had A7 and put you on two overs, hoping to buy pot on flop, and then sucked out on turn.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Re: 2/4 live game effective stacks about 1000

either a seven, jack, or nothing. there are posivitily no draws to even consider unless he hit a miracle 2 outer on the river.

i look him up as this is one of those "don't call me" bets and you say he slow plays monsters.

if he doesn't bluff-raise often, here's a good spot to block bet.