0.30 - 0.35 0 0%
0.35 - 0.40 0 0%
0.40 - 0.45 2 7.14%
0.45-0.50 0 0%
results only 7 25.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2007, 12:40 AM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL AFC TITLE GAME pats @ COLTS ***

Is there any way Asante Samuel will come back to NE? Whats his contract know and what do you think he will get paid? I wish the Pats would give some guys some money to come back.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:41 AM

I very rarely read these boards anymore and post even less frequently, but I have scanned some of this thread and thought I would weigh in.

First, I don't know how some of the other Colts fans on here can think of nothing to do right now but tear down the Pats, Brady, Belichick, etc. I used to bag on the Pats quite a bit and will probably do so again but I am way too happy to think about gloating or screaming overrated. Screw negativity.

Regardless, the Pats aren't overrated; they are a fantastic organization with great players and even better coaching. That's why it feels so good to beat them now, finally, after all the garbage.

I remember going to Colts games in the late 80's and early 90's with my dad when they were just horrible. Watching them grow into a first class organization has been very gratifying. The funny thing is that most Pats fans know exactly how we feel because they are Red Sox fans too.

One thing is for sure, the Colts-Pats rivalry is clearly the best interdivisional rivalry of this era and is approaching Cowboys-49ers and Steelers-Raiders as the best ever. Good luck next year Pats, hopefully Peyton will have a ring of his own when he sees Brady on the field again.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I don't like the Pats but this isn't the end. Is Brady retiring? Is Coach B leaving? They have a lot of top picks this next year. Most teams can't run 4 titles in 6 years especially in the NFL. 3 in 6 is still rediculous in the FA era. As kneel has pointed out they have a relatively young team.

Anyone notice how more effective Rhodes / Addai was then Edge has been in the playoffs. The two primary RBs represented all 4 teams left this weekend. Guess there is a shift.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, saying the end was overdramatic and not really what I meant. And I think Simmons will point to those things you mention and to the "Pats keep doing it somehow" legend; only point is, if it's Pats/Colts again next year, the mystique is gone, maybe the Colts are the ones on the way to a dynasty, the character of the rivalry is different now. And if the Pats don't win next year or the year after, they become just another contender instead of the extra-clutch myth/legend. And this game could be the tipping point for that shift, especially if Manning and the colts run out to 8-0 or whatever next year as sb champs and the pats struggle, or if the pats are the 4 seed again.

It doesn't happen immediately of course, but think about what's happened to the Yankees over the past five years - they're not done, they still have great seasons, but it doesn't matter unless they win the world series, and their postseason runs feel different now, they have a hump to get over, etc. The Pats could enter this territory; that's all I meant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Def not done...this has got to be one of the worst Pats teams I've ever seen.

Their WR's are lousy talent wise. Their starting RB is old and the backup is a rookie. Their linebackers are getting old and one is a one stroke away from death.

Both their starting safties were injuried.

They have a huge upside with their cap space and draft picks.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any way Asante Samuel will come back to NE? Whats his contract know and what do you think he will get paid? I wish the Pats would give some guys some money to come back.

[/ QUOTE ]

It will be a huge blow if they don't resign him. The rest of the secondary isn't that great and although they are great with replacing guys, they won't be able to do so for next year
Old 01-22-2007, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a pretty young guy and stud DBs aren't that easy to come by. I'd guess he'll be signed. Richard Seymour held out of training camp a couple years ago, and they got his contract worked out.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pats blew this game. Caldwell dropped 2 huge passes, defense couldn't come up with the big stops at the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Patriots scored a TD on the drive in which Caldwell dropped his first pass. They scored a field goal on the second non-catch's drive. Caldwell's mistakes had little impact on the score.

The Patriots' defense failed. They gave up 32 points in the second half including a 2-point conversion and a last minute TD. They allowed the Colts 32 first downs, including allowing 8/15 on third down.

This loss falls completely on the defense. It's particularly bad since the Patriots didn't turn the ball over once until the final offensive play. These were the Colts drives starting late in the 2nd quarter.

80 yards- field goal
76 yards- touchdown
76 yards- touchdown
67 yards- touchdown
-7 yards- punt
59 yards- field goal
00 yards- punt
80 yards- touchdown

When a defense allows six long drives for four touchdowns and two field goals, the loss is completely on them.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dungy eating up the black coaches thing. Die.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why all the hate for this? It's another sign that we are stepping towards racial equality in high profile positions in the US.

James

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty sure you just answered your own question.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm obviously not speaking for the person that is quoted first here, but most people didn't even realize there hadn't been a black coach in the SB until it was mentioned ad-nauseam. The reason for this is that no one is paying attention to what race the coaches are, because they don't care. Most people want the best coach, doesn't matter if he is black or white. Everyone already thinks Dungy is a good coach and I'm pretty sure most feel the same way about Smith. Race is not an issue. I think focusing on this is silly. Things will be better when the media doesn't feel the need to focus on stuff like this. I'm sure I'm rambling, so I'll stop, but I just don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel pretty much the same.

I dont care if the coach is purple, green or even a robot.
Just gameplan.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Race isn't an issue."

Uh huh. Easy to say when your race is what is basically considered the 'default race' and the same one that owns the overwhelming majority of the high profile high paying jobs in the US. Regardless of whether you personally think of race or whatever, plenty of people do. It's a big milestone and absolutely worth mentioning and it would irresponsible journalism not to cover it. Sorry if that bothers people.

James
Old 01-22-2007, 01:01 AM

yes colts! i have no voice now, but man the dome was unreal.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yes colts! i have no voice now, but man the dome was unreal.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was all that piped in crowd noise. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2007, 01:03 AM

Colts and Pats =