Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2007, 08:45 PM

Default Fun at Seneca Allegany

Played at a very silly table last weekend. I suck, and know it, so I was playing 2/4 limit.

Anyway, I discovered that a few things are fun to do:

1. Get people at the table to randomly yell out "2 on table 4." The floor people love when you do that. Works really well if you sit next to the dealer and raise your hand after you yell.

2. Sit with old people and turn to each one in turn and say "raise" (or whatever action you were going to take) to each one individually. Make it obvious that you aren't doing this to the young ones.

This was even better, because the dealer started turning to one octegenarian and individually telling him the previous action too...

3. Yell out "Go fish" when someone raises you.

4. Yell out "Yahtzee" when the flop comes out. Even funnier to wait for river, when it is obvious other player doesn't like the card (4th flush works well).

5. Flirt with the old obese woman who smells like she pee'd herself (you know, the one that after she leaves, the floor person takes her chair away and replaces it). When another man says something innocent to her say, "back off buddy." Don't smile, and act really pissed.

6. Ask if you can keep any of your cards for the next hand.

7. Respond to any new people coming to the table by saying loudly "I like cheese." When they say "what?" say "really?" Most fun if they are next to you. A few hands later, ask the dealer why that seat keeps opening up.

8. When someone "forgets" to tip after a big pot, ask the dealer for good cards, so "I can give you two chips."

9. Tap the table like you check when you are not in the hand.

10. Of course, make fun of the 21 year-old who says that he is "working, not playing." Ask him repeatedly when he is going to move up in limits.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Fun at Seneca Allegany

You were loud as hell, in case you're curious.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:24 AM

Yes we were. Lots of people wanting to play our table tho. Were you one of the 7 Brians who signed up to play 2/4?
Old 01-20-2007, 12:25 PM

Nope, I was at 100NL, 200NL, or 500NL, depending on the hour, since apparently no one in NY, PA, or OH plays Omaha.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:41 PM

They told me that they used to run O 8/b on Wednesdays, and might have a game going sometimes on Friday nights... It was on the sign up as no limit high only, and I don't have that much gamble in me.

Anyway, were we amusing the nl crowd, or annoying the crap out of you guys?
Old 01-21-2007, 02:12 PM

Didn't bother me whatsoever. Others at the table were amused, several to the point of drinking "whatever they're having."