Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2007, 09:54 AM

Default Re: Surely Neteller is protected from a breach of contract class actio

[ QUOTE ]
You can't be held liable for following applicable law.

In fact, Neteller would face greater liability by continuing to accept US customers (for gambling transactions) because a contract that is illegal is unenforceable.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to be meekly accepting that they have broken the law. They have been charged with money laundering. Anti-money laundering laws were brought in to counter those who attempt to legitimise the profits of drug trafficking etc.

The charges brought against the Neteller founders are a gross abuse of the legal system. Those bringing the charges are perfectly aware that they have had to create a situation that very tenuously could be an offence - i.e. it has to be tested in court - and certainly are aware the the legislation was not created to deal with this issue. They entirely ignore that the are creating contempt for the rule of law and for their offices.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:34 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 01-20-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
would it have made a difference if i cashed out on tuesday instead of wednesday n ight....my transaction still pending man

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on reports from others, it would not have made a difference... you will likely be waiting for 2 weeks...
Old 01-20-2007, 01:10 PM

[/ QUOTE ] You seem to be meekly accepting that they have broken the law. They have been charged with money laundering. Anti-money laundering laws were brought in to counter those who attempt to legitimise the profits of drug trafficking etc.

The charges brought against the Neteller founders are a gross abuse of the legal system. Those bringing the charges are perfectly aware that they have had to create a situation that very tenuously could be an offence - i.e. it has to be tested in court - and certainly are aware the the legislation was not created to deal with this issue. They entirely ignore that the are creating contempt for the rule of law and for their offices.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely with these statements. However, Neteller had terms in their user agreement permitting them to terminate the agreement at any time.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You seem to be meekly accepting that they have broken the law. They have been charged with money laundering. Anti-money laundering laws were brought in to counter those who attempt to legitimise the profits of drug trafficking etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

The original question was whether there could be a class action on contractual grounds. My answer still applies.

Money laundering, etc. wouldn't lead to a class action. What are your damages?
Old 01-20-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
would it have made a difference if i cashed out on tuesday instead of wednesday n ight....my transaction still pending man

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have the Neteller ATM card then you can call customer service and ask for the EFT to be cancelled, then transfer the funds to your ATM card. I did just that, and it worked.