Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2007, 10:21 AM

Default Possible Work Around

I am currently in the United States but I have an overseas drivers license and bank account. For an experiment I thought I would open an account and act like I was overseas. I choose the tighest site you all know the one and I was unable to open a real money account because of the IP address. How do I hide my IP address? Or better yet why can't I show them a wrong IP address so they really think im overseas? Im sure this is perfectly legal as a privacy issue. I think your IP address is private information? Am i correct? Somebody let me know and I will let everyone know how this works out. Maybe all you need is a foreign drivers license or some other identification such as that. Also you legal experts see anything troubling about this aproach?
Old 01-20-2007, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Possible Work Around

Well, if you set your computer to send out packets with the wrong IP address, you'd never hear a response. I think what you're looking for is a proxy server. Trying searching for previous threads on the subject. People have mentioned using them before.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Possible Work Around

Actually, you need a VPN and not a proxy server. Party will send a UDP packet on a non-web port, which wouldn't get sent through a proxy. If you have ID and a foreign bank, all you need is a foreign VPN (and *possibly* a utility bill if they're really being tight, I've heard of sites asking for photo ID containing name, address, and date of birth + a utility bill before unlocking a new account but there were other issues that prompted that action).

Feel free to PM me if you have further questions in this area.