Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2007, 10:35 PM

Default 200 nl 6 max--66 vs bluffer

BB has made several bluffs and shown his cards when they work. Should I raise the flop here to see if he has a real hand this time? Call or fold the river after he fires the 3rd bullet?

Prima Poker skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $243.24
Hero: $313.14
CO: $160.45
Button: $561.50
SB: $77.00
BB: $317.39

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $8</font>, 3 folds, BB calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($17, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $17</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($51, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $25.5</font>, Hero calls.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($102, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $51</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $204
Old 01-19-2007, 10:42 PM

Default Re: 200 nl 6 max--66 vs bluffer

This has been butchered pretty badly. He basically has you where he wants you, calling bets with a small pair with overcards and flushes on the board. You are guessing and hoping he doesnt have a hand again which is bad news for you.

Fold flop. There is no value in flat calling his flop donk on this board. He has bet the pot indicating that has is either drawing or has a strong Q. He isnt making these bets with total air very often, even if he has been showing you bluffs. He knows he has been showing you bluffs and there is a reason he is doing it. You are behind in both scenarios as his flush cards are prolly overcards to your pair. Save yourself alot of trouble and fold flop.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:16 AM

Fold the flop. Take note if he shows a bluff or not.

I don't think you have a lot of fold equity on the flop unless he has total air. So raising seems bad.

Fold the turn if you called the flop. He maight have a Q, an A, a flush, or even a straight if he actually has a hand. At this point, you only beat complete air.

Fold the river unless you are sitting at a live table with him, see him pick his nose, and KNOW that he only picks his nose when he is bluffing with nothing but air. There are 3 overcards, a 3-flush, and a possible wheel. Villain might even think he's bluffing with 77 and still be ahead. You're only ahead of hands like JT, 9T, J9, KJ - but why would they play call preflop, then bet/bet/bet with air and no draw?

If you won the hand, then nice read. I think it's probably not good, however, since this kind of guy probably makes money in the long run by getting people to call him down light when he finally ends up with the goods.

Now, that being said, I think you might have played this same line with a hand like KdQx. He might have a flush. But he probably doesn't have the ace, and you have one of the queens. I just don't like 66 - it's too weak to take a stand on every street like this.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:18 AM

I'm assuming you posted this hand because your heroic call actually worked, but just fold the freaking turn
Old 01-20-2007, 01:20 AM

I think I would raise the flop here to see where I am. If he calls or raises you can be pretty sure you are beat. You will find better spots against a habitual bluffer like this.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming you posted this hand because your heroic call actually worked, but just fold the freaking turn

[/ QUOTE ]

qft

this hand is stoooooooopid.