Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Re: Epassporte is the only funding option.....

I hardly ever post here, but FWIW both my Mastercard (issued by a credit union in California) and my Visa (issued by Citi) were declined when I tried to load my newly created epassporte account.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:48 PM

ya, I think this might be what he means, but he was saying something totally different. Hopefully epassporte sets up a western union option. I load my current prepaid visa for only a 4 dollar charge. Wouldn't this be a pretty easy WTO lawsuit for Epassporte?
Old 01-19-2007, 07:48 PM

"or the company's industry is known for its fraudulent business practices."

Reaqd this part again, it is in the disjunctive .... Does BBB rate the online gaming at all ?

(We are looking to add epassporte to TruePoker by the way.

That reminds me
Old 01-19-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hardly ever post here, but FWIW both my Mastercard (issued by a credit union in California) and my Visa (issued by Citi) were declined when I tried to load my newly created epassporte account.

[/ QUOTE ]

? for you Geoff -- were your cards declined during the verification process or after? When trying to verify my Chase card I immediately got a declined message. I had to jump through some hoops with Chase but they then allowed the charges to go through. Last night I was able to then load $200 from Chase to ePass.

minirant: Chase's security grilling consisted of asking me multiple choice ?s regarding my info... gee thanks for giving a crook a one in 8 chance of getting my account as opposed to just asking me what county my current residence is in. Sigh. /endminirant

edited because I type with my feet
Old 01-19-2007, 08:15 PM

i just used epassporte w/ my debit card. My Chase Credit Card wouldn't work
Old 01-19-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

? for you Geoff -- were your cards declined during the verification process or after? When trying to verify my Chase card I immediately got a declined message. I had to jump through some hoops with Chase but they then allowed the charges to go through. Last night I was able to then load $200 from Chase to ePass.

minirant: Chase's security grilling consisted of asking me multiple choice ?s regarding my info... gee thanks for giving a crook a one in 8 chance of getting my account as opposed to just asking me what county my current residence is in. Sigh. /endminirant

edited because I type with my feet

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, well I went to there site and create my user ID and password, then it says I can load with cc, bank account or cash, I click CC and enter the info, and it comes back with a message that the card has been declined. Both cards have over 8k of available credit and are currently in use... not real sure what the issue was but after being on hold with them for 45 minutes I gave up. Might give them a call later today and try and sort it out, as I have about 1k I need to get onto Stars. (had to w/ draw it for an emergency)

edit: is there some verification step I am missing maybe? right after I entered my email and account name/password to create the account it prompted me to load it, which is when my cards where declined.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:52 PM

If I knew all this BS was going to take place I would of played a lot tighter at the 10/20 PLO tables last night. I used Echecks 2 days ago went to deposit some more and they weren't taking anymore US transactions.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

edit: is there some verification step I am missing maybe? right after I entered my email and account name/password to create the account it prompted me to load it, which is when my cards where declined.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the way it works is you enter card info then they place a verification charge (like 1.45 for example) on the card. You signin to your card's site (or call) to determine exact amount of the charge. Then you enter the amount on ePass -- this "confirms" that you are the rightful owner of the card. At that point you can load. My Chase card was instantly declined during the verification phase but after calling Chase I was able to verify and load.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:04 PM

OK, maybe a stupid question, but do I just call my cc company and basically say "why is my card being declined at epassporte site, I want to use it there" ?
Old 01-19-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, maybe a stupid question, but do I just call my cc company and basically say "why is my card being declined at epassporte site, I want to use it there" ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I would.

Many credit card companies have security precautions that will block any usage of your card outside its usual parameters. Example: if you normally use your card in your home city, go on vacation and use your card, they may decline it. If you are in a store, the clerk will usually ask you to call your CC company (they get a message when the card is declined asking them to do so.) You make the call, assure your company it really is you making the charge, and you're good to go. So you are not necessarily being declined because they have Epassporte "blacklisted" somehow.

Obviously, people who travel a lot and routinely use their cards in lots of different locations are given much more liberal parameters and are less likely to be blocked.

But a charge from the Caribbean will quite possibly raise a security flag. So call and find out. If they ask any nosy questions, tell 'em you are buying a prepaid card for a friend/relative/whatever.