Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2007, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Week-long prop bet

updates?
Old 01-19-2007, 02:50 PM

Right now I have $850 plus my current equity. So it goes. Looks like I have some grinding to do.

--Nate
Old 01-19-2007, 02:57 PM

Just Martingale heads up SNGs til you win one!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Right now I have $850 plus my current equity. So it goes. Looks like I have some grinding to do.

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

You had me worried for a bit when you were like 20 dollars shy of the goal. I know it's not worth my time, but I'm very tempted to go to every table you're at and sit down and play.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:50 PM

Nate,

I'm a player who never had any understanding of bankroll management and would always go broke due to having my entire roll on the table. I considered myself a good player but couldn't figure out why I couldn't go on a good run. After reading this post for the past week, I have given this online poker thing one more shot playing the smallest stakes I can find at first. I would have laughed at .05/.10 blinds before, but seeing you playing smaller than that has made me able to focus on this micro game. I'm currently crushing it for around 100BB/100, which I know won't continue, but I feel more confident and am building a bankroll the right way now. I'm a long time lurker and this topic gave me the confidence to start playing again. Thanks a ton for doing this and for posting about it, Nate. I'm sure this topic helped others as much as it helped me.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:04 PM

I have to echo what Gator said. I've always read about bankroll management, but you're the first person that's truly illustrated the importance and power of good bankroll management with this prop bet. Even if you don't make it, it's still an impressive run.

I'm starting again at the .05/.10 levels and I'm really going to try and stick to some strict bankroll guidelines. Hopefully I don't come undone after a couple of 2-outers destroy me (that's what usually happens).

Anyway, GL again.

(I can hear Jack Bauer in the background - "The following takes place between 7PM and 8PM -- Nate takes it down")
Old 01-19-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

You had me worried for a bit when you were like 20 dollars shy of the goal. I know it's not worth my time, but I'm very tempted to go to every table you're at and sit down and play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you could do the opposite, and cut a deal to dump chips to him in exchange for voiding your bet. That way, you don't have to root against Nate, but you still get to screw somebody! Seems like that would be the BBV-classy way to interfere here, FF.

matt
Old 01-19-2007, 04:14 PM

FF--

The turning point in this bet was when I gave you action. My lifetime prop betting record against you is soooooo good.

UFGatorGuy--

All right! Thanks for posting.

Everyone who's sweating me--

Wow, guys. I never expected to generate much interest, let alone this much. Honestly, thanks.

All--

I just made a couple cashes to bring my account to 937. I'm deep in two 6x45s and alive in a few more.

--Nate
Old 01-19-2007, 04:17 PM

I'm watching you in one of the nate....not that it helps! gogogo.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:34 PM

Congrats!!! Sweet way to win