Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2007, 02:53 AM

Default Re: If ever there was a doubt about Jamie Gold...

I think Jamie Gold would be intelligent to move to a Tropical Island somewhere and never play cards again (maybe bridge or Uno.) I can't imagine him showing a profit on his cardplaying abilities for the rest of his life.

I think Ferguson is playing fairly well. The bluff by Moneymaker was pretty good, but here's a guy who likes to bluff with no outs and no draws.... I don't think you'll see Doyle doing that. Oh and as for Doyle--I think he missed his afternoon nap or something. What a collection of boring guys. Give me Hellmuth anyday instead of these stiffs. OTOH the poker is fairly entertaining.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:32 AM

If Doyle would have caught his one outer, Chan could have been in trouble, maybe. This is poker, you play your opponent. There’s a chance if Doyle made his straight and bet, Chan would have seen something and just called. The reason he went all-in was when Doyle bet with tens on the river (Doyle thought tens may have been good) Chan pick up a different vibe, knew he had the best hand and thought Doyle might call with AJ or KJ. If he knew Doyle had tens (like you did), he would not have raised as much.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:33 AM

Nobody says anything for the first 10 minutes of the show, and the silence is broken with yet another future episode spoiler by a visibly bored, tired, and annoyed Brunson that wants to know how much longer the game is going to last. Awesome TV.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:02 PM

I love poker on tv as much or more than the next guy but this table has been painful to watch. Without a DVR it would be completly unwatchable.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:47 PM

This bunch has been the worst so far. Nobody says anything, doyle looks like he's falling asleep, chan just sits there, moneymaker looks like he hasn't slept in 2 days and jesus is robotic as usual.

Bring back last week.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tonight is the most boring hour of tv I have ever watched.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it has been a boring week. It was nice to have a show not including some loudmouth like Matusow, Sheikan or someone like a Tony G. But, five days of this snoozefesty is too much.

As to the play ---

Jamie Gold - He comes off as arrogant and he does come from an industry that rewards arrogance so I really don't have a problem with his personality. I felt as if he appreciated that he was sitting with very great players. He does need to work on his social and card playing skills.

I am sick of the blueberries. I don't want to pile on but what a f-ing idiot to be in the middle of a hand and decide to do schtick and pull out his g.d. blueberries. Between him chowing on them and David Grey chewing on ice last week, I wanted to puke. They sound like cows.

I have been impressed with Moneymaker. He hasn't exactly wow'd the table but he appears to be playing smart poker and made a couple of moves at the right time to win some decent pots.

Brunson just seems to be going through the motions. He appears burned out. I wonder if the website and all the demands on his schedule are catching up with him.

When you all start ranking ME winners of this decade I'll be interested to see where Mortensen winds up. Over the past few years at least, whenever he is on TV he just seems to gamble too often and go for broke. Does the guy have any discipline?
Old 01-19-2007, 02:24 PM

Quote of the week:

Brunson: I'm a bad shortstack player
Ferguson: How do you know, You never had a shortstack

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Greets. K.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:46 PM

I don't chime in much so please flame away...

I like this format because the viewer can formulate his/her own opinion of the play without being influenced by an announcer. I find myself watching this show more closely than the others.

Anyone else agree?
Old 01-19-2007, 07:27 PM

Yup I agree, and I couldn't care less about how much the players talk either.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:37 PM

Moneymaker has played really well so far IMO. This week has been utterly boring. If a forum full of poker junkies can't take it, it's a good thing the show is on at two in the morning.