Old 01-19-2007, 12:09 PM

Default Re: best gift ever received

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a louis vuitton wallet from my business partner

[/ QUOTE ]

A wallet? Did your family not believe in Christmas or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was Louis Vuitton, thats like 400$, or fake and 49.95

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I wish I had a $400 wallet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I wish I had a $1 wallet with $399 in it.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:12 PM

Tickets to see the Nutcracker that was a surprise from my friend who remembered I really wanted to see it. He even tricked me into thinking we were going skating.

Some Christmas tree decorations, wine glasses and dessert plates my best friend's Mom bought me when I 1st moved into the new apartment with my Ex. I wasnt talking to my Mom at the time and so she kind of made it a point to 'mother' me.

Also, same best friend's grandparents (god rest their souls) bought me two sterling silver bangle bracelets the Christmas right before they both passed away. I love those and wear them all the time.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:13 PM

Umm, best gifts were probably thoughtful things from girlfriends, lots of things y'all wouldn't understand, like one girl picked me up from work on my birthday as a surprise, took me to a beach with a picnic and a bottle of wine. Best ever though was a girl who made me a hand-knitted scarf in my favorite colors; just thinking about how much time that took makes me tear up.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:18 PM

Old 01-19-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Best ever though was a girl who made me a hand-knitted scarf in my favorite colors; just thinking about how much time that took makes me tear up.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was in junior high, my younger sister gave me like a half-pound of Jelly Belly jelly beans for Christmas one year -- they were in a canister and she had wrapped each one individually in a little square of tissue paper.

It was a pain in the ass to unwrap them one by one every time I wanted jelly beans, and I had a ton of tissue paper lying around after a while. I'm sure I made fun of her for it back then. When I look back on it, though, I think about what a nice gift it actually was.

-McGee
Old 01-19-2007, 01:09 PM

Im going with the gift my girlfriends mom got me. (not that my girlfriend didnt get me a great gift, but her mom seemed like she was out to trump them all this xmas)

I recently just got quite interested into fishing.
I dont have a boat. I just like fishing from banks or docks for the moment.
Somehow my gf transfered this info to her mom.

Xmas eve (the part of xmas I spent with her family) I opened up a few awesome presents. I was expecting 1 MAYBE 2. I got 5. (Ive only been with this girl 9 months). Curb season 5 was nice, but it didnt beat the Hummingbird fish finder (you can cast the sonar out on your line and get a read out on your watch display).

I cant think of a better gift that I was suprised with.. I was amazed.
Im probably going to have to marry this girl or else I will feel guilty via her mom ;-)
Old 01-19-2007, 02:15 PM

fishfinder is a nice gift. I would think it would take the fun out of fishing for a lot of people though.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tickets to see the Nutcracker that was a surprise from my friend who remembered I really wanted to see it. He even tricked me into thinking we were going skating.

Some Christmas tree decorations, wine glasses and dessert plates my best friend's Mom bought me when I 1st moved into the new apartment with my Ex. I wasnt talking to my Mom at the time and so she kind of made it a point to 'mother' me.

Also, same best friend's grandparents (god rest their souls) bought me two sterling silver bangle bracelets the Christmas right before they both passed away. I love those and wear them all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just got my gf for our anniversary/christmas (they are very close):

a day where we had
-sushi lunch
-5th row tickets to the Nutcracker at the Toronto Opera House
-$250 dinner at Jamie Kennedy Wine Bar in Toronto
and the first season of 90210 because she is a sucker for that show

She also got us both a professional 1-hour full-body massage at the Hyatt Spa which was really romantic.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:22 PM

My previous long-term girlfriend and I didn't get along at all, but she gave some of the most thoughtful presents ever.

She was a huge fan of this obscure British TV series called 'Danger Mouse' so for Valentine's Day as part of her present I got her the entire box set shipped from the UK (it cost like $150 and was unavailable in North America and was only on VHS, lol).

She KNITTED me an Afghan for Valentine's day, this huge blanket. It took her months and was very beautiful. After we broke up I gave it to my brother so his 2-year old son could use it. I kinda regret that.

Another present she got for my birthday was a hand-made calendar (she made the paper as well). She had amazing calligraphy and for each month she wrote out one of her favorite memories of our relationship.

Current girlfriend is amazing. She got me boxers for our first Valentine's day though:P
Old 01-19-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My previous long-term girlfriend and I didn't get along at all, but she gave some of the most thoughtful presents ever.

She was a huge fan of this obscure British TV series called 'Danger Mouse' so for Valentine's Day as part of her present I got her the entire box set shipped from the UK (it cost like $150 and was unavailable in North America and was only on VHS, lol).

She KNITTED me an Afghan for Valentine's day, this huge blanket. It took her months and was very beautiful. After we broke up I gave it to my brother so his 2-year old son could use it. I kinda regret that.

Another present she got for my birthday was a hand-made calendar (she made the paper as well). She had amazing calligraphy and for each month she wrote out one of her favorite memories of our relationship.

Current girlfriend is amazing. She got me boxers for our first Valentine's day though:P

[/ QUOTE ]

Danger Mouse is obscure? I watched that [censored] all the time when I was little.