Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2007, 12:17 PM

Default Re: 5/10 NL Weird AK hand how\'d I do?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Think about it, how are you going to get paid?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not to be results-oriented, but this question seems a little ironic given that he got a dominated hand to put in $120 preflop OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. I was going to try to make the argument that by limping the button I'm attempting to squeeze additional $$ from the blinds who have hands that would normally fold if I raised. Of course it's a dangerous way to proceed without your hand being defined and being absolutely clueless about the opposition's holdings. Further most hands I'm going to win a lot of money from are going to call the raise in the first place. I suppose the only advantage limping could have is if my opponent held something like 94 offsuit flopped second pair and we played a small pot. In that case he'd most likely have folded his bb and I'd get a little more than I would have had I just raised.

I think the people who oppose the limp reraise play here would make the point that that is very wishful thinking and it's just better to raise for value and if they fold move to the next hand.

Chris

In retrospect had I made it around 200-225 to go I'd have liked this play a lot better. I think I just let him come in too cheaply after I basically flipped my hand over.