Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 06:36 PM

Default Re: Own the software, not the site.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Don't be so fast to bend down to the government when they are clearly wrong. There are an estimated 4 to 6 million of us. We have a voice -- we can actually impact elections...

Speak up!

[/ QUOTE ]

That won't ever happen. For the most part, Americans are too comfortable in their lives to shake anything up. They just don't have the time, or they'd rather be working hard to get more toys, or playing with the toys they already have.

Our forefathers would be ashamed at how complacent we have become.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like our dads would include you in their disappointment. I actually do believe we have a voice and that we'll find it when online poker is censored. That of course is the only way to truly stop it -- block access to the IPs/sites entirely. When that happens -- privacy groups will join forces with those of us NOT to complacent to speak up -- so again -- SPEAK UP!

Here's a better example: SC Rep is attempting to officially legalize home poker games -- article appeared just last week. If you think it won't pass -- guess again. People like to gamble. They like to drink and that's more dangerous. All that is needed -- representatives OF THE PEOPLE to speak FOR THE PEOPLE and guess what -- if you don't tell them what you want -- you won't get it -- SPEAK UP -- WRITE TO YOUR REPS -- Do it NOW!!!
Old 01-18-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
they don't own the site. they own the software that is licensed to the site. plus a few don't even own shares in the software company, but are paid a fee to represent the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still think they should be arrested. They are on the payroll of a site that is deemed by the DOJ to be operating illegally. They might be on the payroll of Tiltware Inc, but Tiltware Inc's only customer is FullTiltPoker.com so they are basically one in the same. Anyways, I would love to see Doyle Brunson get arrested, he deserves it. He hyped up WPTE stock with a fake buyout offer. Hope he croaks in jail. Besides, it would be good to have some pros in jail, good publicity and might lead to future changes that benefit us all.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just sound like a bitter fool. I almost feel sorry for you, b/c you must have a horribly sad life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure why you think that. They are on the payroll of a company that is operating illegally (according to the DOJ). They are paid to play on the site and promote it. What about Doyle and Daniel who have their own sites? If they were playing on their own without being on the payroll, that would be another story.

And I am not bitter at all, Doyle has been a cheat his entire life. Besides, when he pumped up WPTE stock with his fake bid I cleaned up shorting that POS.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to kill myself after reading your post. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-18-2007, 11:08 PM

Default Re: Why haven\'t the FTP pros been arrested?

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like the feds are going crazy over in the States, arresting and charging anyone associated with owning anything to do with online gambling.

Yet, by far the most high profile owners of an online poker site, namely the Full Tilt pros, still promote their site openly on American soil.

Anyone know why they haven't been looked up?

[/ QUOTE ]
Good question. I think this will happen. That will cause the other sites to drop their sponsorship of US players and the final nail will be in place.

If Full Tilt is doing nothing illegal then why have they moved all their IT guys from Santa Monica to Dublin?

Also instead of blitzing the Ultimate Poker Challenge with their players they made it compulsory to attend the Aussie millions.

Adding European based players,the Hendon Mob, Gus + Andy Black to their site.

Full Tilt will come through this but I would think Lederer,Bloch,Steve Zolotow + Richard Brodie etc are [censored] themselves everytime the doorbell rings.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:38 AM

[qoute]Full Tilt will come through this but I would think Lederer,Bloch,Steve Zolotow + Richard Brodie etc are [censored] themselves everytime the doorbell rings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lederer strikes me as an intelligent man, if he was doing something that would get him arressted I bet he would get out. I highly doubt he is scared everytime the doorbell rings.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Lederer strikes me as an intelligent man, if he was doing something that would get him arressted I bet he would get out. I highly doubt he is scared everytime the doorbell rings.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was arrested in the early 1990's (1993?) in New York for running a sports book.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It looks like it's getting there. I for one hope none of the pros get locked up and I mean none.

[/ QUOTE ]

is it ok if we hope every online "winning player" other than ourselves gets arrested? Think how SOFT the games would be [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Once upon a time some people where adversely affected by unfair tax laws. Seems that change occurred. Oh and then of course once upon a time you couldn't drink booze legally and well then of course we had gangsters, mobs, speakeasies etc and again the law changed.

Don't be so fast to bend down to the government when they are clearly wrong. There are an estimated 4 to 6 million of us. We have a voice -- we can actually impact elections...

Speak up!

[/ QUOTE ]
We are taxed now by unfair tax laws (that's where the govt. gets the endless supply of money that I mentioned earlier).

Prohibition was a 13 year stretch where it was national and then was eventually turned back over to the states to enforce. It was never fully lifted. Mississippi was a dry state until 1966 and many states still have dry counties and regions.

Bad examples.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wasn't the 18th amendment repealed by the 21st amendment?
Old 01-19-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
they don't own the site. they own the software that is licensed to the site. plus a few don't even own shares in the software company, but are paid a fee to represent the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still think they should be arrested. They are on the payroll of a site that is deemed by the DOJ to be operating illegally. They might be on the payroll of Tiltware Inc, but Tiltware Inc's only customer is FullTiltPoker.com so they are basically one in the same. Anyways, I would love to see Doyle Brunson get arrested, he deserves it. He hyped up WPTE stock with a fake buyout offer. Hope he croaks in jail. Besides, it would be good to have some pros in jail, good publicity and might lead to future changes that benefit us all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess we should arrest all those former Enron workers, too, then?
Old 01-19-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If Full Tilt is doing nothing illegal then why have they moved all their IT guys from Santa Monica to Dublin?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably because they don't want the Feds busting in and taking all their servers and basically shutting them down without so much as a legal proceeding.