Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Paper checks (Uh oh)

[ QUOTE ]
it sounds like the no-check policy bodog did on it's own some time ago. As far as I know people have been cashing stars and FTP checks with no problem. This only means no one has come up on the boards saying "ZOMG I can't cash my stars check anymore!!!" I'm pretty positive we would have heard this by now. Who has recently cashed stars and ftp checks?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-18-2007, 06:20 PM

Default Re: Uh oh

[ QUOTE ]
Master, I got a similar response from PS fwiw.

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you posted this yet?
Old 01-18-2007, 06:21 PM

No, I figured everyone would think I was BS'ing anyway so I didn't bother.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:22 PM

I should edit that kentucky. I just read the No-check policy from bodog is new. Not sure HOW new though, and this info might be important. When did bodog stop issuing checks?
Old 01-18-2007, 06:51 PM

Within the last couple days. That cashout options page is a lot shorter than it used to be.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:02 PM

If all banks somehow decide to stop accepting checks from Poker sites, which IMO would be nearly impossible to do so/ most banks would probably not investigate deeply as long as the checks continue to clear and they get the $$$, would going to a Checks Cashed store be an alternative?

I know these places are usually shady and probably charge a large % of the check amount to cash it, but would this method work if everything goes under?

This is just a theoretical question, I'm not too concerned about not being able to access funds from poker sites, etc. I was just wondering what others thought of this method as sort of a last resort.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If all banks somehow decide to stop accepting checks from Poker sites, which IMO would be nearly impossible to do so/ most banks would probably not investigate deeply as long as the checks continue to clear and they get the $$$, would going to a Checks Cashed store be an alternative?

I know these places are usually shady and probably charge a large % of the check amount to cash it, but would this method work if everything goes under?

This is just a theoretical question, I'm not too concerned about not being able to access funds from poker sites, etc. I was just wondering what others thought of this method as sort of a last resort.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried to go to a check cashing store with a Neteller check last year, and was very nearly arrested because it wasn't a payroll check and had more digits than the employee had brain cells. At the very least, expect international checks to be denied out of hand at check cashing places. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2007, 12:30 AM

Bodog CS contention that customers cannot cash checks smells like confusion. We would have/should have heard that hear, from another player.

Checks are very hard to keep track of.

My suspicion is that Bodog lost the ability to have a intermediary check writing service, such as Citadel, write you a check. My suspicion is that it is temporary, and that the eventual solution will also be temporary.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:47 AM

I just requested a check from UB. I'll update when I get e-mail or the check from them....
Old 01-20-2007, 03:08 AM

Considering the information you provide for your e-checks is the same information as on your paper checks, and those numbers are scanned and processed through a network of computers just like e-checks, why do you think they couldn’t shut down paper checks just as easily?