Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 05:52 PM

Default okay guys here\'s a serious HSNL thread

testing the forum to determine if it's worth posting in here, lol.

10/20 NL, 9 handed, effective stacks 2000. I raise a hand to 60 UTG+1 and get 3 callers - MP1, LMP and button. MP1 is very loose preflop and goes too far postflop...not much of a hand reader...basically somebody who'd be better off six or seven levels down. However, he's not one to frequently semibluff draws (especially on the turn) and respects my EP raises enough that he isn't going to just float me on a high flop.

So the flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4 handed, pot size ~250. I bet around 200. MP1 and the button both call.

Turn 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], pot ~850. I think then pot it, with another 800 behind. MP1 thinks for maybe 10 seconds and shoves. Button folds.

I'm getting 3:1. Which hands, if any, should I fold with? What is the worst hand I should call?

Note that I can bet 600 on the turn instead. If I should do that, explain why. Checking with a real hand is not an option in this game, as it is entirely possible for any number of draws (including stuff like KQ) to get here at this point and take a free card.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:54 PM

Default Re: okay guys here\'s a serious HSNL thread

edit: didnt finish reading, will do now.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:57 PM

I think I can find a fold for like qj. I hate calling here with AJ but I think you're now priced in to call. Call with flush draw if you have some sort of straight draw along with it.

I also like potting turn because the pot is 3 handed. I would bet 600 if we were heads up.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:04 PM

fold no hands. but you should know that already when you bet 800, otherwise dont bet
Old 01-18-2007, 06:14 PM

Can I take a stab (though please don't let me represent the potential quality of this forum. I simply want to play). I only play $50 so I'm more likely at the level of your opponent (if I was at this table I would be over my head)

A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is worst hand I would consider calling with.

If the player is floating you and is straightforward, the worst hand he has is 2 pair and the best hand he has is a straight.

With AKs you have 9 flush outs and possibly 4 outs for a straight giving you approx a 25% of winning the pot. If opponent has two pair, you have an additional 3 outs to a better two pair. And of course if opponent has a lower 2 pair, hero may have 2 more outs for a set.

If I may question the OP back... I'm not sure if high stakes tables play sufficiently different. I'm not leading into 3 people 2 streets in a row with simply top pair. And I'm not putting half my stack in into someone on the turn very often if I'm simply going to fold. (I'm not certain if this is bad thinking or not)... I'm leading this flop with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Kd, AQ, AJ, AA, QQ, JJ and obviously 10K.

With just AKos... I don't think I lead the turn after being called on the flop. I'm not trying to play a big flop here.

I don't see the need to psb the turn. $600 denies most hands that I'm ahead of the odds to call. If I have any intention of folding to a push, I can get out cheaper.

Am I bungling this?
Old 01-18-2007, 06:14 PM

fold all 1-pair hands except A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I think you might even find a fold for QJ, which is the borderline hand methinks. Anything better obv call.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:18 PM

Im not sure how loose your UTG+1 opening range is. I'm going to guess about 99+, AQo+, AJs+, maybe KQs or something as well.

On this flop I would obv fire AA, QQ, JJ, AQ, AJ. AK is probably a good bet as well for protection, although in a multiway pot on this board, if villains are any sort of decent hand readers you dont get much (if any) action when ahead.

So I am def calling AA, QQ, JJ, AQ, AJ on the turn. If you have QJ I think it is a fold because you dont beat a lot that he shoves on the turn. Maybe if he plays AK this way, which is doubtful. Tbh his hand sorta looks like A4 here because it def calls preflop and he wont fold TP on the flop, and he will shove it on the turn too.

EDIT: Fold all AK except AKd
Old 01-18-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold no hands. but you should know that already when you bet 800, otherwise dont bet

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy... you said so simply what I was having trouble articulating. I kept thinking... its a trick question because I'm not leading any hand for half my stack on a coordinated board that I'm just going to fold to a reraise.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:22 PM

My same thoughts Kurto, but i've never played this high.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:49 PM

ak